• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Toledo and Florida have agreed to play in 2013 at Gainesville, Fla

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Why all the hate toward UF, UCF fans?  Jealous?  ???

Tell us, why did UCF back out of the commitment to play UF the first

game this year......UCF backed out 2 days after our NC win.  Was it the beatdown of UCF

at UF last year?    or the NC win against Ohio?

Maybe someday UCF  can graduate from CUSA

to a more difficult conference where there's real competition week to week

in converence play.....then y'all will understand the reasons for UF's  schedule.  ::)

Maybe someday, UCF fans, y'all will get the guts to schedule Florida, again. :-*

We rescheduled the game due to it not being convenient(wasn't canceled).  When it was signed, it was a crooked contract.  Normally, the away team supplies officials so that the home crowd and away officials would each balance each other out(we lost to Penn State because of a similar situation), but UF insisted on having their officials there.  We will play you when we feel like it since you guys get all whiny when you don't have all the cards stacked.

BTW..The Big XII South is better than the SEC East yet Texas had the balls to go play Ohio State, who both were national title contenders.  Oklahoma and Alabama played.  Your own conference mate has the balls to leave their cushy home.  What's your excuse now?  You played Western Carolina instead.  Try as you will, but you'll always be the cowards of football when it comes to scheduling.

Why do I hate UF?  Well, the fans are arrogant and a little misinformed(especially the ones who didn't even go there).  You win 2 titles in 1year and you call yourselves "title town"?  UCLA has over 100 national titles in their collection.  I think Florida is around 15.  You sir, are no title town.  For the record, you didn't win the 1996 national championship.  Arizona State lost it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Why all the hate toward UF, UCF fans?

Probably same reason everybody who's not a Gator fan hates them. The majority of Gator fans are arrogant ******** and have been for decades ....

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Why all the hate toward UF, UCF fans?

Probably same reason everybody who's not a Gator fan hates them. The majority of Gator fans are arrogant ******** and have been for decades ....

From my experience at work I would agree most Gator fans are jerks. All is right with the world when the Gators lose :)

• Content Count:  2,661

That's not true.  They do go to FSU and have gone to Miami in recent years.  They haven't had an out of state OOC game since 1991. My original statement is more accurate.

The UF-FSU series is mandated.

The UF-Miami series has been played twice in 26 years (including future games).

With the exception of 2 trips to Miami, every single UF non-conference game between 1992 and 2015 was or will be played at Florida Field.

My statement better illustrates the problem with non-league scheduling up in Gainesville.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

THe Gators do what they do because THEY CAN

Just like Oklahoma CAN

and even Arkansas CAN

They bring enough fans into a facility EVERY game-- so much so that they canwrite really bg checks to visiting teams that those teams cannot pass up.

USF is out of that crowd now--- but it sure the hell helped us out on the way up.

It's the economics of big time football-- and if it were up to me-- USF would do the exact same thing, more or less. I like the home and home deals we have set up though--- and it is great to have cool new places to visit on the road like UNC or AUburn etc. The Gator fans are kind of missing out that aspect (perhaps) but they do get to visit plenty of SEC schools. You ever wonder why some teams can travel so well? If you had a tiny number of road games and a huge fan base--- you could expect to fill those ticket allotment s too. People like to go on college road trips. Having a huge fanbase helps too.

so don't hate on them for doing what the Gators do. The Sooners do it and plenty of other big names do it. And the money train never stops.

oh-- and nice BS story about what happened with the UCF-UF game. I heard it was over some pay per view nonsense that UCF used to whine trheir way out of paying a buyout fee. I doubt it was rescheduled as the Knight boy suggests. If I were the Gators-- I would close the door on ever playing them again. I hope USF can do that after next season. They can take their erector set stadium and their weak-ass conference championship and stick it right up their collective pooper

• Content Count:  130

We rescheduled the game due to it not being convenient(wasn't canceled).  When it was signed, it was a crooked contract.  Normally, the away team supplies officials so that the home crowd and away officials would each balance each other out(we lost to Penn State because of a similar situation), but UF insisted on having their officials there.  We will play you when we feel like it since you guys get all whiny when you don't have all the cards stacked.

What are you talking about? The home team furnishes the refs probably 95% of the time for paycheck games.

The only reason that the game this season was cancelled was because UCF got an opportunity to play NCState home and home.

Florida let them out of the buyout with the promise that UCF would come to Gainesville again in the near future.

UCF had a great opportunity and it didn't benefit UF for it to turn sour, especially since Florida was able to fill that slot.

oh-- and nice BS story about what happened with the UCF-UF game. I heard it was over some pay per view nonsense that UCF used to whine trheir way out of paying a buyout fee. I doubt it was rescheduled as the Knight boy suggests. If I were the Gators-- I would close the door on ever playing them again. I hope USF can do that after next season. They can take their erector set stadium and their weak-ass conference championship and stick it right up their collective pooper

I think that was taken care of in 2006. Florida paid an additional $50k or something like that as UCF's cut of the PPV revenues.

I think Foley just likes to play nice guy on stuff like that. Florida wouldn't really get much out of making UCF pay $100k or whatever the buyout would be. He's the same way with coaches buyouts. There isn't punitive buyout on Meyer's or Donovan's contracts.

Unfortunately, the two schools don't have a common opening until 2012, so we'll see if we ever get them back on the schedule.

• Content Count:  2,239

What are you talking about? The home team furnishes the refs probably 95% of the time for paycheck games.

The only reason that the game this season was cancelled was because UCF got an opportunity to play NCState home and home.

Florida let them out of the buyout with the promise that UCF would come to Gainesville again in the near future.

UCF had a great opportunity and it didn't benefit UF for it to turn sour, especially since Florida was able to fill that slot.

UCF helped fill the slot with WKU, a I-A transition team.  UCF has changed their policy of paycheck games(not doing them anymore).  Florida is the only one that I'm aware of that wasn't bought out.  It never hurts to play in-state schools.

I still look down on your school's OOC scheduling policies.  Not even one freaking game out of state in over 15 years.  Seriously, it isn't going to kill you.

UCF helped fill the slot with WKU, a I-A transition team.  UCF has changed their policy of paycheck games(not doing them anymore).  Florida is the only one that I'm aware of that wasn't bought out.  It never hurts to play in-state schools.

I still look down on your school's OOC scheduling policies.  Not even one freaking game out of state in over 15 years.  Seriously, it isn't going to kill you.

Florida doesn't go out of state for OOC games for two simple reasons: FSU and Georgia.

We play them every year. Many other schools don't have a major out of conference/in state rival to play so they have the freedom to rotate. Also, since we play Georgia in Jax, we have a limited number of home spots.

When the schedule does line up for an extra week, Florida will most likely always add Miami when possible... again another in state team.

In the end, it's just a straw man to harp about how we don't leave the state. We could dump FSU and play someone else. Would our schedule get tougher? Maybe. But you are really criticizing us not for our schedule (year in and year out one of the toughest in the country), but just because you feel we don't travel enough.

Excuse me... travel "out of state" enough.

Archived