• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting thing about former #2 teams... Cal, USF, BC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

Cal made it to #2... lost three straight

USF made it to #2... lost three straight

BC made it to #2... lost two straight and play @ Clemson next week... doesn't bode well for them.

In each case, I believe it was the highest these teams had ever been... could be wrong on that.

Not every #2 team had this problem... but it's just one of the interesting things that happened in a bizarre college football year.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I noticed the same thing. That is one reason I was kind of scared about the Cinci game. This is eerie!

• Content Count:  1,370

Unfortunately, those were the three teams every know-it-all in the nation said "Oh, well those teams weren't that good anyway...the consecutive losses proves that." I think the initial loss led to the second loss and so on...b/c of total loss of confidence after being so hyped. In other words, I don't think we would've lost to UCONN if we had beaten Rutgers...same goes for BC.

• Content Count:  2,661

Unfortunately, those were the three teams every know-it-all in the nation said "Oh, well those teams weren't that good anyway...the consecutive losses proves that."

...but when Ohio State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Alabama, and USC take losses to unranked teams, it "proves the depth of the conference."

Is there any other sport whose observers pay so little attention to the results of the games?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We drank our own Kool-Aid, which is why we failed.

In other news, BC's coach is a pompous a-hole who should be dragged out to the street and beaten.

• Content Count:  1,370

Unfortunately, those were the three teams every know-it-all in the nation said "Oh, well those teams weren't that good anyway...the consecutive losses proves that."

...but when Ohio State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Alabama, and USC take losses to unranked teams, it "proves the depth of the conference."

Is there any other sport whose observers pay so little attention to the results of the games?

I know, it's ridiculous.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

for what its worth, the refs had a serious effect on two calls in two games and we lost on the last play in the other.

Its not like we have gotten blown out, like years past.

• Content Count:  5,241

Its just one of the craziest/best years of college football ever.

Archived