• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unfortunately UCF Wins 45 - 31 vs UAB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

that's because UCF is a huge rival, yet the fans are in a bizarre denial about it.

Huge rival BUT the fans are in denial about it..... I'm a multi-millionaire BUT I don't have the multi-millions.

******* brilliant...

You don't have to hate on the guy because he is telling the truth.

If he's telling the truth and our fans are in denial, it's NOT a rival. Even you should be able to piece that together..... and I'm sure you have. You're just back in your playing dumb mode just to stir things up ... Good job.

Hell, how many signatures of USF members have something about UCF in them?

I don't know. I have sigs turned off. Why don't you get me a list ....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  0

All fat chick comparisons aside,They gotta win one to make it a rivalry, or at least relevant.

Right now, its just a team close by who talks crap but doesnt back it up

Which is true, but THE biggest rivalry in College Football is Ohio State - Michigan.  Michigan went 12-0-2 in the first 14 games before the series was suspended for 6 years. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

If you ask Dan Sileo, the greatest college football rivalry is UM/FSU, although he admits that "they have had a few down games recently".

Which is true, but THE biggest rivalry in College Football is Ohio State - Michigan.  Michigan went 12-0-2 in the first 14 games before the series was suspended for 6 years.

Right, let's compare a rivalry of the biggest schools in two neighboring states, who have been playing football for over a 100 years, to the 4th and arguably 5th schools in one state, who, combined, haven't been playing for 50 years .... brilliant.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

that's because UCF is a huge rival, yet the fans are in a bizarre denial about it. as if admitting that they have a rivalry with them would lesser USF. like you're banging a fat chick but don't go out with her with your friends. who cares, you're with a porker, just man up and admit it. sheesh. pathetic.

I believe it was Spurrier who once said that he could loose 10 games and beat Florida State and it was a good season (at the time 11 game seasons).  To me that is the definition of a rivalry.  Michigan had a lot of downs this year, they beat Ohio State and I think most Michigan fans would say it was a good season.  Florida State has struggled, but pulled out a mediocre season for them, they beat Florida this weekend I bet their fans think it was a great season.  Alabama just lost to UL Monroe and their fans are probably ready to fire Saban, they beat Auburn this weekend I bet the fans buy "I LOVE SABAN" shirts. 

Contrast that with USF's season.  We beat two ranked teams and beat ucf 64 - 12.  How do most USF fans feel about the season?  I don't think the victory over ucf makes USF fans feel even a little better about the 3 losses.

That is really the problem with the ucf game for most of us.  It is certainly a game we don't want to loose, probably even more so than another Sun Belt, C-USA, or 1AA opponent.  However, it isn't a game we get all that much out of winning.  How many points do we have to beat them by next year for their fans to just to admit that ucf is not on the same level as USF?

• Content Count:  711

that's because UCF is a huge rival, yet the fans are in a bizarre denial about it. as if admitting that they have a rivalry with them would lesser USF. like you're banging a fat chick but don't go out with her with your friends. who cares, you're with a porker, just man up and admit it. sheesh. pathetic.

I believe it was Spurrier who once said that he could loose 10 games and beat Florida State and it was a good season (at the time 11 game seasons).  To me that is the definition of a rivalry.  Michigan had a lot of downs this year, they beat Ohio State and I think most Michigan fans would say it was a good season.  Florida State has struggled, but pulled out a mediocre season for them, they beat Florida this weekend I bet their fans think it was a great season.  Alabama just lost to UL Monroe and their fans are probably ready to fire Saban, they beat Auburn this weekend I bet the fans buy "I LOVE SABAN" shirts. 

Contrast that with USF's season.  We beat two ranked teams and beat ucf 64 - 12.  How do most USF fans feel about the season?  I don't think the victory over ucf makes USF fans feel even a little better about the 3 losses.

That is really the problem with the ucf game for most of us.  It is certainly a game we don't want to loose, probably even more so than another Sun Belt, C-USA, or 1AA opponent.  However, it isn't a game we get all that much out of winning.  How many points do we have to beat them by next year for their fans to just to admit that ucf is not on the same level as USF?

Rivalries are back and forth.  When a team some say is a rival...and they are the team to beat...and you haven't beaten them in a while or at all...or recently...it builds.  But the team that beat them constantly...starts to lose that anger and becomes cool with it all.  When we were in the MAC...Marshall was the team to beat...but we didn't until we were in CUSA.  In the mac...it was a rivalry to UCF fans...they talked a lot and they talked a lot.  (no other teams in the mac really talked at all)....now...Marshall fans say they are our rival...but I don't feel it...or do I really think of it as one.  USF and USM were the same in CUSA...USM kept beating USF and USF at the time claimed that USM was their biggest rival...but USM would say it was Louisville or ECU, instead.

UF has a great rivalry history with UGA...but after so many years of beating them...the game wasn't the same and younger fans would say it's FSU and always has been.  UGA HATES UF...but the younger UF fans would yawn to the UGA game and point to FSU any day.  Had UGA owned UF for as many years...it would be the opposite.

It's all about what's happening now and today...if UCF and USF played every year for a decade and it went back an forth...it would be bigger.  But right now...USF has owned UCF and it's one sided.  One day down the road...who knows what would happen...but overall....if both teams are consistantly good and beating each other up...that will be a rivalry!!  That's how they arise and grow!  In Florida...the UF/FSU rivalry was maybe one of the most heated in college history!!  Coach's verbal jabs....fights before the game...hype...rankings and national championships on the line...that's huge!  That's heated!!  Of course there's other rivalries...and if UCF and USF played in the same conference...there would no doubt be a HUGE rivalry there...especially if the conference was on the line.

• Content Count:  416

It's all about what's happening now and today...if UCF and USF played every year for a decade and it went back an forth...it would be bigger.  But right now...USF has owned UCF and it's one sided.  One day down the road...who knows what would happen...but overall....if both teams are consistantly good and beating each other up...that will be a rivalry!!  That's how they arise and grow!  In Florida...the UF/FSU rivalry was maybe one of the most heated in college history!!  Coach's verbal jabs....fights before the game...hype...rankings and national championships on the line...that's huge!  That's heated!!  Of course there's other rivalries...and if UCF and USF played in the same conference...there would no doubt be a HUGE rivalry there...especially if the conference was on the line.

Get out of here with your rationality. UCIF, 64-12,MickeyMouseCollege blahblahblah.

Personally if it were an annual series I'd actually like it to be like UF v. FSU is or how FSU v. UM used to be. Seperate conferences but important implications. The odds of USF and UCF both jockying for position in the top 10 don't look good but this is fantasy land here.

I hope UM v. USF turns into that though.

and if UCF and USF played in the same conference...there would no doubt be a HUGE rivalry there...especially if the conference was on the line.

This is the ONLY way the rivalry will ever get off the ground. To start a true rivalry these days there has to be something significant on the line for BOTH teams. Right now there isn't and there won't be until UCF gets a higher profile in the world of college football ...

Archived