• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh Look ......Mike Ford Can Run the Ball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

i'm mad that it took a 3 game big east losing streak to figure this out.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  695

Yeah. They use Mike Ford against Elon, and use him against Syracuse. Where is he in our big games? He better get a siginificant share of carries against Louisville next week.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah. They use Mike Ford against Elon, and use him against Syracuse. Where is he in our big games? He better get a siginificant share of carries against Louisville next week.

21 carries, 74 yards, 1 TD, 0 Fumbles at Auburn.

i'd say that's a pretty big game, wouldn't u?

West Virginia, Rutgers, Connecticut, and Cincinnati were all bigger games because they were conference games and up until the Cinci loss we had a chance at winning the conference. Even after beating Rutgers winning out gave us the title, after the UConn loss we needed some help but had a decent shot, not after Cinci we need the sky to fall. Still, can't deny those were huge games. Auburn, if we had a big season would have been looked at as the game that got us started and would have helped us in the BCS standings but really if we can't win our conference games it's a meaningless win as far as this season goes.

• Content Count:  400

they stopped running him once we got into our Big East schedule.

they stopped running him once we got into our Big East schedule.

Which is when he should have been used.

This is an exageration, but we could have won at Ohio State, at LSU, at Oregon, and at Oklahoma but if we were still 1-3 in the Big East right now it wouldn't matter. Non-conference schedule only matters if you win your conference, because then it raises your ranking and might get you in the title game but it's the conference games that matter in football. We stopped giving our best running back carries in our biggest games. I know he had injuries, I know he had some fumble issues but he is our best running back. Grothe can run well in games like this, but we need a real running back in bigger games and Ford is that.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

West Virginia, Rutgers, Connecticut, and Cincinnati were all bigger games because they were conference games and up until the Cinci loss we had a chance at winning the conference. Even after beating Rutgers winning out gave us the title, after the UConn loss we needed some help but had a decent shot, not after Cinci we need the sky to fall. Still, can't deny those were huge games. Auburn, if we had a big season would have been looked at as the game that got us started and would have helped us in the BCS standings but really if we can't win our conference games it's a meaningless win as far as this season goes.

ok?

i didn't say the BE games weren't big.  i simply said that Auburn was a big game, so your assertion that using him "against Elon and Syracuse" and not in big games wasnt exactly accurate.

Okay, in one big game he was used. Thats one for five.

• Content Count:  873

3rd and goal and we run Grothe up the middle...Greg Gregory has to go

It's better than a bootleg losing 11 yards

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We have run him and he's been inconsistent.

You try getting in the game for two plays.  Then sit for 45 minutes, then take a handoff.  Then sit another 30 minutes. 

Inconsistent use breeds inconsistent play.

Archived