• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford against the Orangemen

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

So if we change it up this week, it's only taken 9 games to make an adjustment

I think the game plan against Auburn was conservative and tried to establish a running game and rely on the defense to stop them.  Obviously, it worked.  Too bad the staff didn't stay with that game plan in later weeks.  Hopefully, we'll see it again against Syracuse, except I would like to see more shots downfield too to keep the safeties out of the box.

• Content Count:  3,827

I wish we still have Andre Hall. He pretty much ran all over Cuse two years ago up in the Carrier Dome. It was like a man against boys watching Andre Hall run with ease. We need to start seeing that again out of our running game.

That was less because of Andre Hall, and more because of a mid-season philosophy change. If you remember, we started the year trying to spread em out and run primarily out of the shotgun. At some point, it was almost as if the coaches said "screw it, lets line up and run the ball". All of a sudden, we were under center 50% of the time, and running between the tackles like a real football team.

And it worked.

I think our QB in 2005 had something to do with it also.

...and our QB in 2007 has thrown 10 INTs in his last 6 games(only game without one was UCF).....with only 9 TDs passing on the season. Not exactly impressive numbers.

Let's line up, and run the football like a real football team.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Gregory is saving our adjustments and "hiding" Mike Ford for the spring game.

::)

:D :D :D :D :D

Indeed.

• Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

I think the game plan against Auburn was conservative and tried to establish a running game and rely on the defense to stop them.  Obviously, it worked.  Too bad the staff didn't stay with that game plan in later weeks.  Hopefully, we'll see it again against Syracuse, except I would like to see more shots downfield too to keep the safeties out of the box.

I don't know if I would call it conservative, I would call it consistent?  I was actually kind of impressed with what they were able to do there except the inability to score in the red zone which would become kind of a staple of this season.

• Content Count:  919

A running game is required if we are going to be better at scoring in the red zone.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

This thread and almost every "Gregory" or "Grothe" thread on this board dance around or give little mention to the white elephant in the room this season. . . our O-Line was suspect coming in and that was before they sustained injuries.  When the O-Line falters all RBs, QBs and playcallers look like crap.

If it can't be found in FLA, CJL and McCarney need to call some of their midwest contacts to recruit some beef upfront.

• Content Count:  10,219

gregory is ok.

when the old OC goes to the enemy...you have to make changes and will have a limited playbook.

schemes, players , playcalling do not change succesfully in a short time.

we are getting more points and yds...also more TO's and penalties.

also we do not have the depth to weather the injuries at a high level (BE conf.  play)

• Content Count:  2,523

Our redzone problems are so easy to fix.  Throw it to Hester on slants and outs when inside the 20 and dump in a screen here and there as everyone brings the house on us when we get 1st and goal to go.  The offense is fine, we just have to get maturity and get the ball to playmakers inside the redzone and we'll punch it in.

This team just doesn't have the confidence on offense to FINISH.

They need to work on redzone offense every day until scoring becomes a given against our defense.  If they can do that, then they'll score alot more against most of the defenses we've faced.  Lack of execution in the redzone is all playcalling and lack of preparation, not personnel.  If it was personnel, we wouldn't be down there in the first place.

Archived