• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford against the Orangemen

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

how many times will we see the fake handoff to williams, grothe up the middle play?

that would be a phenominal prediction thread.

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I wish we still have Andre Hall. He pretty much ran all over Cuse two years ago up in the Carrier Dome. It was like a man against boys watching Andre Hall run with ease. We need to start seeing that again out of our running game.

That was less because of Andre Hall, and more because of a mid-season philosophy change. If you remember, we started the year trying to spread em out and run primarily out of the shotgun. At some point, it was almost as if the coaches said "screw it, lets line up and run the ball". All of a sudden, we were under center 50% of the time, and running between the tackles like a real football team.

And it worked.

*lightbulb*

• Content Count:  2,478

with ben in at fullback that would be nasty...all day i hear about he loves to lay people out ....he was made for fullback small dude that hits a ton will get lower than the defender, can catch and run well  that is all ben

anyone agree??

Size has nothing to do with blocking. Look at Mike Hart of Michigan, he laid out Dan Connor of PSU.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

with ben in at fullback that would be nasty...all day i hear about he loves to lay people out ....he was made for fullback small dude that hits a ton will get lower than the defender, can catch and run well  that is all ben

anyone agree??

Size has nothing to do with blocking. Look at Mike Hart of Michigan, he laid out Dan Connor of PSU.

if size meant nothing to blocking, you would see a lot more small athletic guys playing o-line

• Content Count:  720

Forget about seeing Ford or Taylor against the cuse. Gregory is saving them and 3/4 of our play book for U of L....... ;D

• Content Count:  4,738

Every week I think Ford would get the load and he sees the field for 36 seconds. 

I am not getting my hopes up

Ford is the greatest back ever and should get the ball every play.  If possible, we should direct snap to him most of the time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

I wish we still have Andre Hall. He pretty much ran all over Cuse two years ago up in the Carrier Dome. It was like a man against boys watching Andre Hall run with ease. We need to start seeing that again out of our running game.

That was less because of Andre Hall, and more because of a mid-season philosophy change. If you remember, we started the year trying to spread em out and run primarily out of the shotgun. At some point, it was almost as if the coaches said "screw it, lets line up and run the ball". All of a sudden, we were under center 50% of the time, and running between the tackles like a real football team.

And it worked.

I think our QB in 2005 had something to do with it also.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

And it worked.

I think our QB in 2005 had something to do with it also.

we have the talent now to do it again.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yes we do.  RUN FORD!

Archived