• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A message to Matt Grothe and all USF Bull Athletics Players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

If you play athletics for the Bulls, and you decide to read the message boards, please do so with a grain of salt.   Remember the following...

- people are anonymous on line.  They may or may not be a fan of the team you think they are a fan of

- people are "bolder" on line and often will write extreme things just for effect, just to be controversial (just like newspapers)

- not everything you read on line is true, most of the things on message boards are probably false

- People are entitled to opinions, but opinions are just like.......  well you know.......

- just because one moron believes something and posts it, and a few others agree, it does not mean that all fans feel that way

- MOST of the people on this board are true, blue bulls fans through thick and thin.

- Most of the people on this board donate to the alumni assn, athletics, etc, and have been doing so for years

- Most, but not all, of the people on this board are actually USF alumni and feel very passionately about the BULLS

- Some of the people on this board, probably never even went to college, nevertheless USF

- Most of the bandwagon fans were the first ones to critize our Football team when we lost game(s)

- When you do well, if you fall even slightly the critics will be there.  Look at the St. Pete Times Gary Shelton for a big fat example. He could not have cared crap about us 5 years ago as he was too busy critiquing FSU, UF, UM.  Now he is suddenly a fan, then a critic of USF.  Screw him.

- Do not ever, ever, ever, take anything you read on a message board as personal for all of the reasons above.

Most importantly, the majority of the people on here are die hard fans, love the bulls, go to games, and spend money on/for USF.  We all Bulllieved we could win out 13 - 0, even though that is NOT a realistic goal for virtually ANY NCAA football team.  So while some of us were dissappointed with the losses, me included, we know you guys do the best you can when you are on the field of play.  Sometimes you will come up short, and for those of who have played sports we understand the dissapointment that resounds.   Just because we use the message boards as a place to connect with other USF fans, and possibly vent about issues, remember that 95% of the people posting on this board don't know crap, were just a bunch of armchair quarterbacks...

Don't take it personally.  We still love all of our USF Bulls Athletes.....

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I read those posts. 

To be honest, I didn't want a positive message buried 4 pages down after a bunch of USF bashers posted on there.  Don't even know if some of them are actual USF fans, or are instead posers or bandwaggoners.... 

Plus, the message isn't just for Matt, it is for all USF athletes.  I had lunch with a USF soccer alumn friend of mine today as we divied up our basketball tickets. 

It is one thing to get constructive criticism from the media who at least does a little research and isn't always biased and shooting barbs.  But the posts on this board should not be taken too seriously... 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i agree, what athletes see on message boards should never be taken to heart... if they really get upset about a message board, imagine how the kids that get hurt by this stuff would be in the NFL or any other professional sport.....

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I agree 100% with what you said. I do think though at the same time people have thier opinions and are entitled to say what they want...but when it comes to someone who doesn't get paid for what they are doing. They get scholarship money to go to college to play. They are not professional athletes. They don't deserve to be critisized the same way. I think people should consider it in the back of their heads when they say some of the things they are saying like he could really be reading this since its the most popular place for usf fan talk. He is a kid just like alot of other people. I'm willing to bet these people bash these players and then are the same ones who when they see them will talk them up or if they ever came across them will say how much of a fan they are. I just think people bash college athletes to much nowadays and theres nothing wrong with expressing how you feel but at the same time bashing a kid for giving everything he has on the field but happens to drop a few passes. The oklahoma state coach didn't go too far in his interview, I think he nailed it.

• Content Count:  2,478

Can this become a sticky?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

I am sure our players realize that it's just a few of "fans" that post the silliness.

As years go by, more supportive fans will voice their opinions on the internet and "more importantly AT the games.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This thread is pretty much obsolete.

• Content Count:  635

- Most of the bandwagon fans were the first ones to critize our Football team when we lost game(s)

ridiculous.

Archived