• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QUIT

Joe

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah, I was gonna blame Leavitt for the 6 wins, but then I feared I'd be treading into a sea of legal entanglements.

You have enough problems with your imminent forced resignation looming....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

Enough, back to Joe's point.  We do have a handful, if I may borrow the expression, of chicken littles that always cry out for someone to be fired after a loss....very strange behavior, but that is the essence of message  board anonymity.  The ones I pity are those that lock onto firing a coach (or benching a player, or some weird issue) and never let up so that their own egotistical needs are fulfilled.

Funny, but sad.

3 straight losses to conference foes by way of sloppy play is reason to panic

smazza has donned the chicken little outfit again--- yay

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I'm particularly concerned about this fan mob mentality.  My Little League rookie team (ages 5-7) lost in the first round of pool play Monday to the tournament favorite.  We gave up two runs in bottom of 6th to lose 9-8.

I'm sure that despite two more pool games to be played in our bracket there are parents calling for my head...the pressure.

Word is that there's an online petition to have you removed of your managerial duties ....

That's okay, I'm being proactive.  I'm consulting with MAB, flsportsfan83, Ari, smazza and Mooby on how to proceed.  I'm sure with that kind of "know-how" I'll be just fine.

now you getting smart

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

smazza has donned the chicken little outfit again--- yay

sky-is-falling.jpg

?

OK I'll stop with the lolcats.

• Content Count:  959

Somebody has to take the fall for losing to teams not as talented as ours. It would be boring if people did not b itch . The bad part for me is I do not even feel like going to Bucs games after a Bull defeat. Ruins my weekend. I feel better after ******** about it.

I think this may be the biggest misconception. USF has talent-- sure-- but are we so talented that we can claim to have better talent than all the teams we just lost to? I think the talent gap is closer than some people think. If talent is fairly even, it comes down to execution, heart, luck, and hard work. This is how I felt we lost the last three games-- our combination of those factors was surpassed by the other team. This is why they play the games.

If you can't handle the losing aspect of sports, you aren't ready to be a fan or a player.

PS-- this isn't directed at you personally jg

Mike I am going to break your camera next time I see you..  :ROFLMAO  I think if you went position by position we are more talented than the other three teams. Winning has to be a team effort though. Talent alone does not win games. It is frustrating to loose when you have more of it. Is Appy State more talented than Michigan ahhh no, but on that day they played better as a team. I do not handle losing well personally because I am competitive, always have been always will. I think hating losing made me a better player and I love being a fan. That is why losses hurt people soooo bad. We love our BULLS !!!! 

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

Somebody has to take the fall for losing to teams not as talented as ours. It would be boring if people did not b itch . The bad part for me is I do not even feel like going to Bucs games after a Bull defeat. Ruins my weekend. I feel better after ******** about it.

I think this may be the biggest misconception. USF has talent-- sure-- but are we so talented that we can claim to have better talent than all the teams we just lost to? I think the talent gap is closer than some people think. If talent is fairly even, it comes down to execution, heart, luck, and hard work. This is how I felt we lost the last three games-- our combination of those factors was surpassed by the other team. This is why they play the games.

If you can't handle the losing aspect of sports, you aren't ready to be a fan or a player.

PS-- this isn't directed at you personally jg

Mike I am going to break your camera next time I see you..  :ROFLMAO  I think if you went position by position we are more talented than the other three teams. Winning has to be a team effort though. Talent alone does not win games. It is frustrating to loose when you have more of it. Is Appy State more talented than Michigan ahhh no, but on that day they played better as a team. I do not handle losing well personally because I am competitive, always have been always will. I think hating losing made me a better player and I love being a fan. That is why losses hurt people soooo bad. We love our BULLS !!!! 

you will have to get me out from behind the keyboard first... that's where I hide cuz I'm such a little wuss boy

• Content Count:  145

so true.

haha, but that is the right of the Fan...blame someone when the team is doing bad..someday they will all learn that  is a 50/50 chance of winning. .

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, I was gonna blame Leavitt for the 6 wins, but then I feared I'd be treading into a sea of legal entanglements.

leAVITT was well complimented for those wins

now he needs to take responsibility for the last bad 3 loses

• Content Count:  282

I am pretty sure that I have heard him take responsibility, just after every game.  What would you like for him to do, sacrifice a lamb on an alter and paint the doorjams and lentils with the blood?

• Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

What would you like for him to do, sacrifice a lamb on an alter and paint the doorjams and lentils with the blood?

I'm sure he'd settle for a full page ad in USA Today ...

Archived