• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QUIT

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Blaming the offendibe coordnator, he did not turn the ball over 8 times, he did not drop 4-5 passes, he did not decide to keep the ball on the read optin, he did not miss blocks.

Last year it was Rod Smith. Then when we were 6-0 people were praising Gregory as a missing piece.

Now he's been the target of numerous threads.

We don't run the I because our personel isn't designed for that. We don't feed it to Ford because he really isn't running it well. We don't not run Grothe because its a HUGE part of what makes him deadly.

I'm sick of it. Our fans pick a scapegoat and do so to phase out the reality that this team has some holes in talent and depth and are just not ready to be a great team week in and out.

The future is bright, quit pinning loses where it shouldn't be pinned

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

The future is bright, quit pinning loses where it shouldn't be pinned

Agreed. The future is still to be seen and made. The "melt down", as one poster put it, IMO is due to 3 consec. loses. It hurts and people, everywhere in life, look for reasons. Even under rocks and behind suspicious shadows. This board is hurting and deep down is looking for that silver cloud. Once this team recovers and bounces back you will see our old selves again. A little battle scarred and less trusting but ever so much more stronger. Loses in battle are inevitable and tests the mantle of us all but it's the war we need to focus on. The whole pie not just a piece. Even as a kid I never could settle for just a piece of the pie. I always wanted it all.

In a way, I'm glad folks are griping because this is the way everyone shows how much they care for their team. If they didn't, they would not post and this board would be very quiet, silent. Funny how "Quit" and "Quiet" are close to being the same.

So "rage, rage against the night" and do not go quietly. Stand firmly, facing the eye of the storm and laugh my brothers for we shall prevail and all those who chose to mocks us, to question our faith and strength. Shall one day fear the beast and that beast is the Bulls.

Mess with the Bulls and you'll get the  ~U~

Man! I love this board!  ;D

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You're right.

Coaches have nothing to do with winning or losing.

Why do we spend so many millions on these guys?

Coaches are not accountable for wins and losses.

Excellent post, Joe. 

• Content Count:  1,985

You're right.

Coaches have nothing to do with winning or losing.

Why do we spend so many millions on these guys?

Coaches are not accountable for wins and losses.

I don't think that is exactly what is meant here.  There are issues in coaching, and th coaches are responsible, after all they design the plays and they are the recruiters, so short and long term they have responsiblity.

However, dropped balls, fumbles, missed assignments, these fall to the players.  Gregory has made some bad calls, but he has had more good called plays, and some of those did not get executed.  As stated, when we were 6-0 he was the greatest thing in town, now there is the firegregory.com site.  Come on, the team as a whole, players, coaches, and staff need to pull it together and right the ship.  We can win out.

Excellent post, Joe. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

As stated, when we were 6-0 he was the greatest thing in town, now there is the firegregory.com site. 

I would suggest you go back and do some research, my man.

I've been saying this guy isn't qualified since early September......long before the first loss.

Also, it isn't one play here or a few plays there.  As I (and others) have stated DOZENS of times......it's his overall philosophy, his ability to gameplan, and his ability to adjust that gameplan.

Some have said, "Oh.....he'll grow into the position."

My question once again.........WHY DOES USF HAVE TO BE THE PROGRAM THAT HELPS THIS GUY "GROW"?

Shouldn't a team like Utah State, Arkansas State, or Rice be this guy's "On-the-job Training" instead of a Big East program?

• Content Count:  282

Right on, Joe.  The more voices like this we hear the better for all of us.

• Content Count:  959

Somebody has to take the fall for losing to teams not as talented as ours. It would be boring if people did not b itch . The bad part for me is I do not even feel like going to Bucs games after a Bull defeat. Ruins my weekend. I feel better after ******** about it.

• Content Count:  416

We don't run the I because our personel isn't designed for that. We don't feed it to Ford because he really isn't running it well. We don't not run Grothe because its a HUGE part of what makes him deadly.

Please stop drinking the kool aid. I'm not even part of the fire Gregory contingent. Missed assignments are a coaching problems not just player  problems. College coaches don't just come up with plays they instruct the players on how to execute them. If the players aren't executing on the field well it's a coaching problem. Gregory didn't throw five picks but treating Groethe like he's 6'4" and a true pocket passer is asking for problems. As for Ford not running well I'm not sure what you mean by that are you talking about last week the week before, all season what?

When there are problems people try to figure out what is causing those problems and rectify them. We've lost 3 in a row and we're all wondering why. Some people are fine with just letting whatever be be, as they know they aren't going to affect anything. Other people are too anxious to not talk about it. This is a football board and people are bound to start jumping in on a pet theory.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

I would suggest you go back and do some research, my man.

I've been saying this guy isn't qualified since early September......long before the first loss.

Also, it isn't one play here or a few plays there.  As I (and others) have stated DOZENS of times......it's his overall philosophy, his ability to gameplan, and his ability to adjust that gameplan.

There are a handful of guys on these boards you can't take very seriously.  They think they are the most intelligent, most informed, and most important people and fans out there.

::)

Archived