• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unsportsmanlike Ben Mauk who else saw it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

what time in the game was that I have it recorded I want to see that

It happened some time in the 3Q.  I think(?) it was something like 5min left in the 3Q, Cincy had the ball on the S side of the field heading N somwehere around the 35 yd line. 

Snce I saw it in person and have not seen it on replay I am not sure the cameras caught Mauk's actual act since it was a long play down field.  However, as the play developes the cameras probably caught the flag being thrown (on the E side of the field) so you can see were it was thrown and then you can probably see where the ref ends up picking the flag up.

Since holding is a spot foul, I was pretty sure that the refs walked the penalty off from where the flag ended (after Mauk had thrown it) and not from where the penalty truly happened.

Let us know what the cameras see.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Who cares?  That had ZERO affect on the game.  The penalty was spotted correctly.

People throwing bottles on the field had absolutely no effect on the game either, but people talk about it.

Who cares?  That had ZERO affect on the game.  The penalty was spotted correctly.

People throwing bottles on the field had absolutely no effect on the game either, but people talk about it.

It is all about being sportsman as players and fans.  There is no excuse for poor sportsmanship.  And this is coming from someone that grew up in Philly and I hate those fans.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Agreed, so if we can talk about a bunch of hooligans being unsportsmanlike, we can talk about a QB being unsportsmanlike.  Some people think if we lose a game, we can only beat up on ourselves, not talk about anything unless it underscores we're losers.  It's the hate-self/hate-America mentality here, but only with ourselves/Bulls football. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It happened some time in the 3Q.  I think(?) it was something like 5min left in the 3Q, Cincy had the ball on the S side of the field heading N somwehere around the 35 yd line. 

Snce I saw it in person and have not seen it on replay I am not sure the cameras caught Mauk's actual act since it was a long play down field.  However, as the play developes the cameras probably caught the flag being thrown (on the E side of the field) so you can see were it was thrown and then you can probably see where the ref ends up picking the flag up.

Since holding is a spot foul, I was pretty sure that the refs walked the penalty off from where the flag ended (after Mauk had thrown it) and not from where the penalty truly happened.

The ball was spotted correctly.  It went from third and 3 (or second), to third and 13 (or second).  Is Mauk a jerk - yes, but it had no affect on anything.  Did he deserve a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, probably.  The ball was spotted correctly.

• Content Count:  651

Whether the ball is spotted correctly or not doesn't matter as much as, why didn't he recieve a 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. A player is not allowed to touch a ref's flag! I saw that and flipped out, even though it didn't lose us the game!

The ball was spotted correctly.  It went from third and 3 (or second), to third and 13 (or second).  Is Mauk a jerk - yes, but it had no affect on anything.  Did he deserve a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, probably.  The ball was spotted correctly.

Thanks for the Big East review  ;)

It is not that it was a big impact, it is the matter of sportsmanship, but moving a flag is penalty no question about it. 

Did the cameras catch Mauk throwing the flag? Did the commentators say anything about it?  Just curious.

• Content Count:  1,911

The coaches were flipping out on the sideline...I wondered why, but this would make sense.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

How many people saw the VERY unsportsmanlike Ben Mauk after a big Cincy run (something like 50+ yds) as the play progressed down field look around to make sure the ref's were not watching bend down a pick up the penalty flag and throw it 7 yds ahead.

The call on the play was holding.  Since holding is a spot foul the ref's walked of the 10 yds off from where Ben Mauk throw the flag.

CJL was pissed and let the refs know about it for at least 15 minutes

big deal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

U 1-10 U29  CINCINNATI drive start at 04:03.

U 1-10 U29  9-MAUK, Ben pass complete to 1-GILYARD, M. for 7 yards to the UC36

(32-WILLIAMS, Carlt).

U 2-3  U36  9-MAUK, Ben pass complete to 16-GOODMAN, D. for 46 yards to the USF18,

PENALTY UC holding 10 yards to the UC26, NO PLAY.

U 2-13 U26  9-MAUK, Ben pass complete to 14-JACKSON, E. for 32 yards to the USF42,

1ST DOWN UC (32-WILLIAMS, Carlt).

Archived