• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you think we should have a featured back.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Yes he did.  Too bad he is hurt.  He should be on the field.  The whole offensive mentality is different when he is.

Like I said I would like a mix of the 2005 Dre offense and the current MG offense.  That would be a much better O than we currently have.

Well it doesn't matter if he is hurt if they aren't going to use him anyway...  I just hate to see people bashing on him and not bashing on the other RBs equally.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  0

Im assuming that most everyone that posts with regularity on this board is a pretty big football fan...  Having said that if you are a football fan and have been for any extended period of time I cannot find one logical reason why you would not think Ford is the best RB on our squad.  It is not even close.  He is so much more gifted both physically and athletically than any other back on our squad it is ridiculous.  Seriously EVERY time he carries the ball I feel like he is about to bust a big run.  I do not even remember feeling that way with A Hall, and I love that guy.  Obviously none of us know every detail involved with the backfield, by that I mean classroom performance, practice field performance, and overall attitude.  But from a pure football standpoint its Ford, and then I just don’t care who else.  Being in the stadium at Auburn you could honesty feel the stadium hold their collective breathe every time Ford got the ball, I remember more than one cheer going up from the Auburn faithful when he left the field.  Ford is the best period.

I was at that game to and I got the same impression.

Don't forget when Grooves and Ford met on a run play and it took a couple more guys to bring him down.  If I remember correctly the camera followed Grooves to the Auburn sideline and if you are good lip reader you saw him say something like..."That's one strong mother ##**%&!"

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Im assuming that most everyone that posts with regularity on this board is a pretty big football fan...  Having said that if you are a football fan and have been for any extended period of time I cannot find one logical reason why you would not think Ford is the best RB on our squad.  It is not even close.  He is so much more gifted both physically and athletically than any other back on our squad it is ridiculous.  Seriously EVERY time he carries the ball I feel like he is about to bust a big run.  I do not even remember feeling that way with A Hall, and I love that guy.  Obviously none of us know every detail involved with the backfield, by that I mean classroom performance, practice field performance, and overall attitude.  But from a pure football standpoint its Ford, and then I just don’t care who else.  Being in the stadium at Auburn you could honesty feel the stadium hold their collective breathe every time Ford got the ball, I remember more than one cheer going up from the Auburn faithful when he left the field.  Ford is the best period.

Those of us who know football know that a "featured" RB has to be able to do more than break the occasional long run.  You are using "gut feeling" and antecdotal evidence to say that Ford should be playing

Look, I respect everyone's opinion about Ford.  He is clearly a beast running the ball

When he adds everything else to his game he will be UNSTOPPABLE

He just needs time

• Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

[quote author=thebouncer1898 link=topic=41466.msg479122#msg479122 date=1193954850

Maybe you havent seen Jamar Taylor.

Archived