• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CT weather

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

USF never seems to catch a break when going on the road against UCONN. In our first meeting in 2000, Marquel Blackwell had to head with gusty wind on a chilly day, so they had to basically take advantage on offense when the wind was at their back during half the game. Two years ago, USF played in cold tempartures in where they shot themselves in the foot with penalties and questionable play calling. This weekend, it looks like it is going to be against rain, so I am hoping that we can just sneak out of there with a win.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Well, we played in the rain against UNC and against Rutgers. So, hopefully that experience is going to come back in our favor.

• Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

I'll take the rain over bitter cold. 

Either way, no more excuses.  If we are worthy of a BCS bid, we just need to win.

• Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Well on a postive note, the weather will get the non-diehard fans away.  Thus you will have less noise in the crowd and it will be a battle of wills.

• Content Count:  1,757

The rain does not bother me so much.  Our kids practiced in the rain in the summer and again this week.  As long as we hold onto the ball, I think the rain will be our advantage.  What I don't like to see so much is the 15-16 MPH wind with the 35 MPH wind gusts that NOAA has predicted.  Of course the wind gusts start at 1 and go through until 6 (just in time for our game).  This may hamper the long passing game.  

• Content Count:  1,757

50% Chance of rain here sucks donkey balls... there goes my BBQ plans. 

• Content Count:  403

I was at the North Carolina game, I'd hardly consider that to be playing in the rain... if it's a misty drizzle like it was against North Carolina, then it won't affect anyone..

I saw how we did with the wind against FAU.

• Content Count:  7,890

Forcast for UCONN game tomorrow is 80% chance of rain and windy.  I think this definitely plays into the favor of UCONN as the wet field may slow us down (and I feel that we have more team speed than UCONN).  And, UCONN played in the same conditions last Friday against Louisville, so they may be better prepared and used to the conditions.

Odd question:  I know it rained all day wednesday down here.  Did we practice outside in the rain?  If so, maybe it will help us.

Yes we did

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

wow, wonder who said it was going to rain 5 days ago?

i did.  Now go away.

• Content Count:  2,277

Actually it might not be raining for the game at all.  If you look at the hourly forecast... by 7PM it's 20% chance of rain and cloudy.  So if that front, or storm system or whatever it is that's going through there moves a little faster than predicted, then we might not have rain at all.  We all know living in Florida that predictions for moving weather systems are always off by several hours.  Just trying to be optomistic.  :-\ See hourly forecast:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/hourbyhour/06269?begHour=15&begDay=300

Archived