• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could USF get back to #2?? Actually, it's not as long of a shot...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Consider this trend...

Week 6 - #2 USC loses to Stanford

Week 7 -#2 Cal loses to Oregon State

Week 8 - #2 USF loses to Rutgers

Week 9 - #2 BC plays @ VT... could lose... moving LSU up

Week 10 - #2 LSU plays @ Alabama... LSU loses, Oregon or Oklahoma moves up

Week 11 - #2 Oklahoma hosts Texas A&M... OR  #2 Oregon hosts Arizona State... # 2 OU loses... either WVU or VT move up

Week 12 - #2 West Virigina @ Cincy ... OR  #2 Va Tech hosts Miami, FL... #2 VT or WV loses... USC, UF or USF move up...

Also in weeks 10-12... Arizona State plays @ UCLA... UF plays at South Carolina... Ohio State plays at Illinois and at Michigan... Southern Cal plays at Cal... USF hosts Cincinnati...

I know the goal is to win the Big East... and these are a lot of dominoes that would have to fall to make it happen...

But it's not out of the realm of possibility this year... if USF wins out AND...

1. VT beats BC but loses to Miami or at Georgia Tech

2. Bama beats LSU

3. Arizona State beats Oregon but loses at UCLA  OR Oregon beats Arizona State but loses to USC

4. South Carolina beats Florida

5. Texas A&M beats Oklahoma OR either Illinois or Michgain beat Ohio State

6. Cal beats USC

Then USF could be back in the top 2 spots...

Just some things to keep in mind.

Personally, I would be VERY HAPPY with a Big East co-championship and a BCS bowl!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

This season is crazy its going to be the last man standing who gets the number 1 and 2 rankings

• Content Count:  86

USF has a chance to get back in the top 5, but top 2 is asking a little to much.  USF basically needs Ok and LSU to lose another game, assuming the others all knock each other off. If USC knocks of Oregon, that'll propel them above us as well.

After we lost to Rutgers, I expected us to drop to 15-16, surprised we didn't, we can and will get back into the top 5; however, when it comes to a NC this year, we'll be on the outside looking in. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm most excited about not having a ****** team in NCAA next year =P

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Jim, I love ya man, but you have way, way, way, too much time on your hands...    ;)

(p.s.  I do however agree !)  GO BULLS !!!!

• Content Count:  2,478

I was thinking about the same thing last night. There is no way Arizona State is going to run the table and when BC loses it is going to be too late for them to recover. We actually have a shot if we win a few. The computers will help us back to the top.

And wasn't this about the same position that Florida was last year? And look what happened to them.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

we can't control anything but our own games.  win out and let the chips fall where they may.

BTW, we don't want WVU to lose, at least not to Rutgers.  as long as we win out, Rutgers is the only team that holds the tie-breaker with us.

speculation gets us nowhere.  the USF Nation needs to project every ounce of its collective will on the next game, and that's UConn.  everything else is irrelevent.

• Content Count:  218

The problem for USF right now, is sure BC, Ohio State, Arizona State can all lose and fall... but they will fall down to JUST AHEAD of USF with 1 loss.  You guys are too far with with not enough road to run to get 1-2.

WVU lost but we lost early enough to recover...

• Content Count:  1,261

Due to the fact that it is college football season, and therefore I no longer have a life, throughout the course of my day I have been 'studying' more or less the schedules of the top 25. I have come to the conclusion that it is EXTREMELY easy for us to get back in the National Championship picture (assuming we win out), despite what may appear at face value as an improbable feat. At the risk of this turning into a novel, rather than a message, I won't go into too much detail.

First, lets take a look at those BCS rankings:

1. Ohio State (vs. Penn State)

2. Boston College (@ VT)

4. Arizona State (vs. Cal)

5. Oregon (vs. USC)

8. VaTech (

Ohio State will not win at Penn State. The Saturday night white-out will prove too much for a young Buckeye offense untested thus far..

An inspired BC defeat an overrated Virginia Tech this thursday, which is good because they won't make it out of a treacherous last 4 weeks that include trips to Clemson and Maryland.

Arizona State? Please. They will get blown out at home by a desperate Cal team that Jed Tedford will refuse to let drop 3 in a row. National Championship hopes over.

Oregon will lose at home to USC, which is okay because of the ridiculous toughness of their remaining schedule which includes Oregon State, California, Arizona State, and UCLA.

Florida will have a letdown this week against Georgia at Jacksonville, reminiscent of their loss to the Bulldogs 2 years ago.

Elsewhere...Kansas will not Beat Texas A&M this week (or Missouri in the season finale), and LSU will lose at Alabama in 2 weeks.

Missouri will lose another game as well.

After this week, the BCS should look like this:

1. BC

2. LSU

3. Oklahoma

4. WV

5. USC

6. USF

and if everything comes to fruition in 2 weeks...

1. BC

2. Oklahoma

3. USF

4. WVU

lets take care of business this week.

Archived