• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Such a crazy season.... could the national champion have 2 losses???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

there already is a playoff system in place!! It runs from September to November!  It's called the college football regular season.  That's what makes college football so great.  Every game matters!  Every game is a playoff game.  This isn't pro sports where a couple losses won't hurt.  Every game is intense.  Every game should have a playoff atmosphere!

Nope. There are many reasons why college football is great... lack of a playoff is not one of them.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's just kind of weak that we won't be given the same consideration as other 1-loss teams, despite having as tough a schedule as Oklahoma or USC or OSU (if they lose one), simply because we are USF and not [insert traditional powerhouse here].

also, USC lost to Stanford--- the Pac-10 bottom feeder that hasn't been ranked in over half a decade.  Michigan lost to D1AA App State.

we lost to Rutgers, who has been ranked for the majority of the season, peaking at 10.

yet if USC wins out and we win out, who do u think would get the nod?

Well, we lost two weeks AFTER USC did... and that is important in the human polls. 

If we both lost the same week?!?  Who could say USF would not get the nod ahead of USC?

The first BCS poll was a good analysis of whether USF has a chance to make it or not... if USF hadn't been #2 in the BCS, but had been say #5 or #6 despite being #1 in the computers, then you could make that argument...

Aside from a few talking heads.. many of whom don't even vote in the non-BCS (read AP) poll... we can't say that USF would or would not be given a fair shot.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

No way USF gets a fair shot over any other traditional program with equal losses.  However imagine if USF and WVU run the table and Ohio State loses to MI on the final week of the season and OK loses in the B12 championship.  The big stinker is VATech.  If they beat BC they will jump to the front of the line but they could lose the ACC championship.  Plus USF will not be ranked higher than a two loss FL in the USAToday poll.  Mark my words especially if LSU beats Auburn.

• Content Count:  635

while i could see someone like UF beating just about anyone in the country, they've lost two games, and they don't deserve a shot at the title. the playoff idea sucks

• Content Count:  1,261

while i could see someone like UF beating just about anyone..

you instantly lost all credibility with this statement. you don't help yourself by dismissing a playoff idea, either...

i am saddened that my credibility is lost with you, oh dear jstew.

i am saddened that my credibility is lost with you, oh dear jstew.

i'm not the only one.

Sarcasm is the ******* little stepchild of irony.  Hope your Gators have fun in the Chic-Fil-a Bowl..

i love how i can say something like "UF could beat just about anyone in the country" and i'm instantly labeled a Gator fan. oh lawd you guys are too simple. i can see it a mile away each time, too.

GO GATORS! GO NOLES! GO CANES! GO KNIGHTS! oh wait i shouldn't mention UCF because they're not a rival hyuck hyuck

oh lawd you guys are too simple. i can see it a mile away each time, too.

then why do you continue to do it? do you have a life?

no, clearly i have no life, giving my opinion on a message board for a team i root for. much like everyone else on this forum. the difference is, i don't have any idiotic biases with my opinions. HOW DARE YOU SAY TIM TEBOW IS GOOD, HE'S AWFUL

Archived