• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Ford

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Ford runs too tall and carries the ball too low.

but he is only a freshman and was out of football for over a year before coming to USF.

some coaching on technique and upper body strength training will help with his ball protection.

the biggest concern, as someone already mentioned, is cousin Amarri's graduation and the implications on Ford staying focused and going to class...  the kid has all the tools and natural talent to be a star and play at the next level.  he just needs to stay focused and pay his dues now in order to get there.

McFadden from Arkansas "runs too tall" too, but I think he is gonna be playing on Sundays next year...

Going way back, Eric Dickerson was one of the first "upright runners" and last time I checked he had a pretty decent NFL career...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016

I just hate to see people dogging him out especially after his TDs in the Elon game (thank god), and his help in the Auburn game.

The only ones "dogging him" are those who thought he would come in and be Adrian Peterson right away.  The rest are concerned about fumbles and running style.  The reality of football is that RBs who fumble ride the pine, but QBs have more leeway with turnovers.  Always has been.

exactly, he still needs to work on the finer points of the game and thankfully we have a number of options so he doesn't have to be force fed.  Anyone that's played can tell by the carries they've seen him receive that he's the real deal.  That UCF TD run was even good, he threw one tackler off with a twist of his shoulders, knocked another down with his arm and waltzed into the end zone.  Not many RB's can do that but he has good footwork, excellent balance and vision, and a good burst....he's not Adrian Peterson but no one really is either, but he is a **** good big back who once he learns to protect the ball a bit better, and block better will be an absolute stud.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Ford runs too tall and carries the ball too low.

but he is only a freshman and was out of football for over a year before coming to USF.

some coaching on technique and upper body strength training will help with his ball protection.

the biggest concern, as someone already mentioned, is cousin Amarri's graduation and the implications on Ford staying focused and going to class...  the kid has all the tools and natural talent to be a star and play at the next level.  he just needs to stay focused and pay his dues now in order to get there.

McFadden from Arkansas "runs too tall" too, but I think he is gonna be playing on Sundays next year...

Going way back, Eric Dickerson was one of the first "upright runners" and last time I checked he had a pretty decent NFL career...

They Do Not FUMBLE!

• Content Count:  4,501

Makes me wonder if fumbling is such a problem he sure seems to get alot of carries near the goal line.

Maybe he is trying to hard for that extra yard.

All our players have had drops and fumbles - just part of the game.

He is really exciting to watch but so is Jamar Taylor.  i think Jamar reminds me of Andre Hall - great through the middle.

Archived