• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Duemig Picks.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  105
  • Days Won:  0

This is one of those times that even though my brain is saying don't do it, my hands keep typing anyway... many people on this board are completely masochistic... they want to know what a person who truly knows little about the program (and proves it by stating 'facts' that we all know are garbage) will say to disparage the team next... I have been to every press conference this year, he has been to none... I am willing to talk USF, and it has been mostly positive... although the turnovers against FAU were troublesome, it was obvious the talent between the two schools was not really that close (although that tight end Harmon for the Owls has a chance to be something special)... I know that Tyrone McKenzie did not transfer from a JuCo, but was the leading tackler on a Big XII school last year... and that he played for Coach McCarney, our current D-Line coach, last year at Iowa State... I know that penalties have been a problem in the past for USF, but those have diminished over the last couple of seasons... I know that USF can play with anyone this year and that this team is that much better than their disappointing one-sided losses at Cincinnati and Louisville last year... I know better than to disparage a USF victory against an Auburn team where the key player (Groves) only had to leave the game for a couple of plays when he collided with his own player... I know Florida did not score a TD until Groves left the game... I know that USF gained more yards at Auburn than Florida did at home against the same school...

I say these things, not to pat myself on the back, but to point out that there are people (I'm sure many people on this board) who are well versed in the success of USF... But only a few people take the time to talk about the Bulls on the morning show, on another station... instead, people want to get angry and amazed that some 'uninformed'   (noun)  said something bad about the school... and then they start one of numerous threads about this   (noun)    ... and they seem to take pleasure in his 'turnaround' (by the way... everyone knows that hanging half-a-hundred on anyone will get a pollster's attention)... thus the masochism

Hey Deumig does a great job of getting some fired up, but I think I speak for many (not that anyone has given me permission to do so) when I say I don't care what a local  (noun)    has to say about my alma mater...

I certainly have not intended to offend anyone, and I've probably said more than I should have, but if anyone has a problem with what I wrote, you can call me out this Tuesday night at Splitsville

Thanks,

Mike Pepper

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,479

This is one of those times that even though my brain is saying don't do it, my hands keep typing anyway... many people on this board are completely masochistic... they want to know what a person who truly knows little about the program (and proves it by stating 'facts' that we all know are garbage) will say to disparage the team next... I have been to every press conference this year, he has been to none... I am willing to talk USF, and it has been mostly positive... although the turnovers against FAU were troublesome, it was obvious the talent between the two schools was not really that close (although that tight end Harmon for the Owls has a chance to be something special)... I know that Tyrone McKenzie did not transfer from a JuCo, but was the leading tackler on a Big XII school last year... and that he played for Coach McCarney, our current D-Line coach, last year at Iowa State... I know that penalties have been a problem in the past for USF, but those have diminished over the last couple of seasons... I know that USF can play with anyone this year and that this team is that much better than their disappointing one-sided losses at Cincinnati and Louisville last year... I know better than to disparage a USF victory against an Auburn team where the key player (Groves) only had to leave the game for a couple of plays when he collided with his own player... I know Florida did not score a TD until Groves left the game... I know that USF gained more yards at Auburn than Florida did at home against the same school...

I say these things, not to pat myself on the back, but to point out that there are people (I'm sure many people on this board) who are well versed in the success of USF... But only a few people take the time to talk about the Bulls on the morning show, on another station... instead, people want to get angry and amazed that some 'uninformed'   (noun)  said something bad about the school... and then they start one of numerous threads about this    (noun)     ... and they seem to take pleasure in his 'turnaround' (by the way... everyone knows that hanging half-a-hundred on anyone will get a pollster's attention)... thus the masochism

Hey Deumig does a great job of getting some fired up, but I think I speak for many (not that anyone has given me permission to do so) when I say I don't care what a local  (noun)    has to say about my alma mater...

I certainly have not intended to offend anyone, and I've probably said more than I should have, but if anyone has a problem with what I wrote, you can call me out this Tuesday night at Splitsville

Thanks,

Mike Pepper

Mike, I meant to start a thread and thank you today but forgot, I did listen to you this morning on the drive from Brandon to campus and really enjoyed it. And especially the setting of the over/under on how many times CJL would say PUNT TEAM during the press conference. I dont get a chance to call in, but did enjoy listening.

Andy... I Lost... the total was set at 2.5... he only said it unsolicited twice... I was so ready to set it up, but that would have been cheating

• Content Count:  30

Another day of Duemig errors.

We didn't lose to Uconn last year.

And Auburn had Quentin Groves against us.  He was injured in the first half of the Florida game.  He really needs to stop downplaying that win.  So his whole "that's a different Auburn team now" is just bull.  No pun intended

Welcome back!

This should be fun.

The Hinkelberger is glad to be back.  I am building quite a relationship over on the West Va board.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Another day of Duemig errors.

We didn't lose to Uconn last year.

And Auburn had Quentin Groves against us.  He was injured in the first half of the Florida game.  He really needs to stop downplaying that win.  So his whole "that's a different Auburn team now" is just bull.  No pun intended

Welcome back!

This should be fun.

The Hinkelberger is glad to be back.  I am building quite a relationship over on the West Va board.

i knew somethings been missing from this board

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I say these things, not to pat myself on the back, but to point out that there are people (I'm sure many people on this board) who are well versed in the success of USF... But only a few people take the time to talk about the Bulls on the morning show, on another station... instead, people want to get angry and amazed that some 'uninformed'   (noun)  said something bad about the school... and then they start one of numerous threads about this    (noun)     ... and they seem to take pleasure in his 'turnaround' (by the way... everyone knows that hanging half-a-hundred on anyone will get a pollster's attention)... thus the masochism

Thanks,

Mike Pepper

Glad you are here and I understand where you are coming from.  I have not listened to the show in years yet people always have a need to let me know what was said about USF.  I guess since he is such a cheerleader for the Bucs and his show is popular with the big guys who go to bars and make a lot of animal noises while watching the games, people want him to attract that kind of excitement to the program.  I say that USF has been successful without his seal of approval and can continue to do so.

• Content Count:  3,827

Duemig haters are funny.

And Pepper, you guys keep me sane in the morning. Keep it up!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Kudos to Mike Pepper and Bobby Fenton on 1010.  These guys definitely know more about USF footbal then their competition.  Mike, do you screen the calls for the Splitsville show?  I'll try calling in tomorrow night.  I was able to get thru last week (I asked the injury question).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

the bottom line for me is simply this:

I have more respect and interest in Clucko the Chickens prediction than that of some idiot named Duemeg.

Kudos to Mike Pepper and Bobby Fenton on 1010.  These guys definitely know more about USF footbal then their competition.  Mike, do you screen the calls for the Splitsville show?  I'll try calling in tomorrow night.  I was able to get thru last week (I asked the injury question).

I believe the calls are screened, but they do go through the ISP (network) studios in North Carolina

Archived