• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kickoff Song--Party Like a Rockstar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  318
  • Days Won:  0

LOL @ everybody putting their ethnic background in their posts to explain why they don't know about rap, but they know who Judy Collins is... (37 yo transgender Inuit here, BTW)

but hey, don't worry white folks!  it's ok if u still like "Party Like a Rockstar."  it's normal for white people to like rap songs that black people stopped listening to 6 months ago.

speaking of which, i'm cranking that soulja boy and "supermanning that ho" as we speak.    :-*

(please note the sarcasm in this post before u go all Jesse Jackson and pull the race card on me)

No race card here, just an old fart:-)

And Judy Collins is/was a singer in the style of Streisand.  Class dismissed.

Now who the hell is soulja boy?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Now who the hell is soulja boy?

from Bitchipedia.com, the completely unreliable yet frequently sourced by college freshmen internet encyclopedia:

_____

Soulja Boy is a popular American rap artist whose hit song, "Crank That Soulja Boy," features a rhythmic finger snap and 3-note synthetic steel drum melody.

It is distinguished for its unintelligble lyrics, such as "wah me crang an wah me row an SUPAMAAAN DAH HO!! yoouuuuuughhhh!!!" which is accompanied by a strange dance that resembles "cranking" the handlebars of a motorcycle while jumping back and forth like an epileptic chimpanzee.

The song and the dance were popularized by urban African-American youth in the Southeastern region of the United States in the Spring of 2007, however African-Americans have since forsaken "Crank That Soulja Boy" in favor of newer, yet equally creative songs and dances, including "Crank That Spiderman," "Crank That Roadrunner," and "Crank that Charles Nelson Riley."

As is frequently the case in popular American culture when an African-American phenomenon becomes outdated, Caucasian-Americans have belatedly appropriated the "Soulja Boy" for themselves, and can be seen doing the "Crank That" dance and singing along to the lyrics at various public events and special occasions, including tailgates and football games at Raymond James Stadium, where the song is played over the Public Announcement system at least 10 times a game.

______

hope that helps, sir.

• Content Count:  189

It is distinguished for its unintelligble lyrics, such as "wah me crang an wah me row an SUPAMAAAN DAH HO!! yoouuuuuughhhh!!!" which is accompanied by a strange dance that resembles "cranking" the handlebars of a motorcycle while jumping back and forth like an epileptic chimpanzee.

Its "watch me crank it, watch me roll, watch me crank dat soulja boy and superman dat hoe." but funny **** bout the epileptic chimpanzee.

and for the "old fart" that asked about him, they played it multiple times at the wvu game, mostly in the second half.

• Content Count:  12,293

ok...this is soulja boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vum3qgoh0x4

and this is party like a rockstar

both arent exactly blowing up the streets right now but both get a huge response when played in a public setting like football games.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Party like a Rockstar is more fitting this year for the USF team because right now the program is living like a rockstar with all this national attention. The best thing to do is enjoy it while we alll are Partying like Rockstars!!!! GO BULLS!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,382
  • Days Won:  10

Boom, here come's the Boom!!!  Ready or not, here come the Boys from the South!  Boom, here come's the Boom!!  Ready or not, how you like me now?

• Content Count:  330

I know it's just me but this lady can sing... and man those legs... ( btw 55 yo white dude, classic rock)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEMyZQofUsc

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I know it's just me but this lady can sing... and man those legs... ( btw 55 yo white dude, classic rock)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEMyZQofUsc

i hear she likes it rough.

lmao.

• Content Count:  2,363

Party like a Rockstar is more fitting this year for the USF team because right now the program is living like a rockstar with all this national attention. The best thing to do is enjoy it while we alll are Partying like Rockstars!!!! GO BULLS!!

But let's not party TOO much like rock stars... we don't want to become The U part II

Archived