• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Honors college

SattyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Hey all, I'm a junior in high school and after a recent visit by USF to my school I am very interested in the honors program. I have a 4.1 weighted gpa and an 1180 on the psats (real ones come soon). The representative said that the requirements are a 3.8 and a 1300 sat. As long as SAT's go as planned, I really plan on pursuing the honors college at USF. Does anyone on here have experience with it or recommend it? Any scholarships involved? Thanks a ton in advance.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If you get offered it, take it. It's well worth it.

Some benefits:

1) Early registration

2) honors classes (different than regular courses)

3) our own advisors

4) scholarship for being in honors college

5) close, supportive community

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I didn't like it. Wasn't worth the benefits.

Does Dr. Underwood still teach there? Him and I went at it a few times over his communist leanings/teachings/preachings. Made me sick.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I had a great experience with the Honor's College. Dr. Silverman really went out of his way to make the kids in the program feel like they're part of a family.

• Content Count:  3,078

I had a great experience with the Honor's College. Dr. Silverman really went out of his way to make the kids in the program feel like they're part of a family.

100% agree

• Content Count:  2,523

I along with my younger brother both successfully completed the honors program and it was awesome.  They were the only classes at USF I actually looked forward to attending.  Classes were smaller, debate was always intelligent and the classes actually made you think.

I HIGHLY recommend entering the Honor's Program.

PS--Silverman is GREAT.  Really knows EVERY student.  I was never involved with the honors program outside of the classes (in a fraternity); but they were always doing something and despite me never being around these other events, he still remembered me from my time meeting with him during orientation.  Even when I changed majors late, he worked with me to retain all my scholarships for the extra year. 

He's an awesome guy.

• Content Count:  1,390

Thanks for the comments and advice guys. Now I just hope that I get in.  ~U~

• Content Count:  937

I am in it... its not bad. I am not really active but its especially useful for registration purposes. E-nerds, Underwood still teaches there he's not a bad teacher an easy A too.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I didn't like it. Wasn't worth the benefits.

Does Dr. Underwood still teach there? Him and I went at it a few times over his communist leanings/teachings/preachings. Made me sick.

Underwood was almost fired after the '03 year because of complaints.  He talked with H.C. administration and is supposedly better now.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Satty, I chose to not attend Honors College, but can say that every student I knew that was in it was exceptionally pleased with their academic experience.  I've got several good friends that were in it, and they all turned out pretty well, with most headed to grad school afterwards.

Archived