• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How well did we travel to FAU?

I know it is what they have, but they need to get something better asap. Tearing down Lockhart is in the plans -- not sure if they are building the new one in it's place (unlikely -- since that is not their main campus)

They are building one on campus in Boca and should have it opened for the 2010 season ... at least that is what I think FAU President Frank Brogan said on the ESPNU broadcast.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

One of the reasons that people came in late was that there were only 4 gates to enter the stadium, and everyone & their brother waited until the last minute to go in.

I waited for 30 minutes to enter the stadium.  I barely caught the kickoff.

And yes, that stadium sucks.  The seats still have "Fusion" on them (they folded in 2001 if I recall correctly) and they ran out of water (UCF?) near the end of the third quarter.

However, 5 bucks for a draft beer at a college football stadium is a good thing...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

It sucked but a good time was had by all.  $5 margaritas were mighty tasty.  All I really needed was a **** scoreboard you could see from our endzone.  We had to keep having kids run down the aisle and come back up to tell us how much time was left and what the down yardage was.

• Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about half, but we had about 40%.  So 7-9k would be a pretty good range.

No. 

We had at least half of the stadium

From what I understand Lockhart and the baseball stadium next door are going to be torn down for a new spring training complex and baseball stadium for the Orioles possibly as soon as next year. 

agreed--- it was half or a little over half. Each team had one end zone and a side.

We traveled well to this game -- and while I can't gues the attendance per se-- the stands were full (but I wouldn't say "packed"). Early on it look like crap because so many folks strolled in late. but once the game got going for a while-- the people filled it up pretty good.

That stadium is not good enough for Division 1-A play. It is borderline for 1-AA.

I know it is what they have, but they need to get something better asap. Tearing down Lockhart is in the plans -- not sure if they are building the new one in it's place (unlikely -- since that is not their main campus)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

They are building one on campus in Boca and should have it opened for the 2010 season ... at least that is what I think FAU President Frank Brogan said on the ESPNU broadcast.

I heard someone throw out a revised estimate of 2012. Regardless-- we won't have to play them again at home possibly ever-- or if we do another 2 for 1-- it will be after the stadium is completed.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

They should have put the down and yardage on the "video" board.  Why did we have to see the Owl logo and nothing else on it the whole time? what a waste of cash.

• Content Count:  446

I was not impressed with our showing.  Yes, by far the best we've ever traveled, but I expected much more with the ranking and the publicity and the proximity.  Didn't we have more than 5000 at Papa John's?  This game was SO much easier (cheaper) to attend, I thought there'd be way more.  I had a hard time giving my extra ticket away, for crying out loud.  I think the guy who finally took it was just a student thinking maybe he could sell it for a beer.

• Content Count:  869

Having driven in from Orlando, I would have to say that close to 50% of the group was USF fans.  The FAU side did seem to be a little more packed.  I remember hearing the stadium held around 20,000 and there numbers were over 21K.  The USF fans did seem to have more flags, gear, etc... we ended up getting stopped trying to park so that the FAU football team could cross the street.  

Additionally, we should have just flown into the executive airport, it would have been a shorter walk.  I was wondering if we were going to have to park in Davie.  Anyway, lots of Bulls seen at the Turnpike rest areas driving back north.  Hope the folks driving to Gainesville made it back safe and hopefully the students driving back to camp out on campus for tickets made it back safe.

• Content Count:  1,142

You're right.  Also I got to talk to President Brogan and he told me we definitely had 1/2 the stadium.

• Content Count:  771

There was well over 10,000 reported from South Florida... as per espn... and they dont lie.

Archived