• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How well did we travel to FAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I heard someone throw out a revised estimate of 2012. Regardless-- we won't have to play them again at home possibly ever-- or if we do another 2 for 1-- it will be after the stadium is completed.

Gotta call ya out on this one.  And why should UF, FSU or UM ever play USF then?  If I was still in FL I'd rather have a roadie at UCF, FAU or FIU.  That's one per season than have a travel game at some place like ECU, USM, Norte Tejas (I want now.), Bowling Green or Central Michigan (both canceled).  I like the idea of 2-4-1s verses instate nonBCS schools.  FWIW, I think the Bulls should sign a bunch of 2-4-1s with the Sun Belt teams in FL, TX & LA.  And while I'm wishing, the Bulls would sign 2 n 2s with TX, aTm, TCU, Houston, Rice, SMU or TXTech.  Houston, Rice, TCU, SMU & UT all have decent air ports.  El Paseo is to far away so screw UTEP.  I think they Doug Woolard should look into it.  :)

To go on an OT, in a perfect universe, state schools should have to play ea. other every yr.  It keeps the money spent on games in state - travel, tickets & concessions.  Short of legislation, it seems to me that the schools could be forced to schedule two out of conference games vs. a STATE university in FL annually (one home; one away).  State education funds could be withheld by the state to force the issue but that may require legislation.  I'm not saying USF has to play UCF.  They should just play 2 out of the 7 state schools with D1A (or whatever its called now) football.  However I thinking USF might end up being the odd man out and end up with multiple games vs nonBCS FL teams which would suck.

Away I'm glad to see our Bulls traveled well...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  478
  • Days Won:  0

While we filled 1/2 of the stadium - it didn't look sold out to me. I even walked to the FAU side and looked at us from the opposite endzone and while we packed it in - it didnt look like the stadium was sold out - by either team. This was by far the WORST college football experience I have ever had. I couldnt see anything or hear anything. On a plus side - I got to see the Bulls play and had a college reunion with my closest friends. I also enjoyed meeting some people from the board - Everyone was very nice.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I was told that the late arrivals were created when the game had so many going to it that people underestimated the traffic and parking situation. FAU made some good money on this game-- ESPNU cut, concessions, parking, and tickets sold. Too bad they put this part of the 2 for 1 home and home game first-- they might have been able to sell a ton more tickets at a different venue a year or so from now. But now we get them at home for two more games. I can see us continuing this game. FAU isn't as bad as I thought. They certainly have made some buig strides since our first game when we drubbed them. I'll give props to CHS for doing some good work under similar situations as USF. IF FIU gets their collective arses together-- we might have 7 teams in this state that are decent football programs-- with 3 or 5 being HUGE by comparison to the little guys. WHo knows where that goes down the line.

we should play them before we play  a 1aa team

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I was told that the game was a sellout.  I tried to get 2 extra tickets and wasnot able to do so.  We definitely made up 1/2 of the attendance

Archived