• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How well did we travel to FAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I've been asking this question since the car ride back from Ft. Lauderdale. Just how many of our fans were at the game? Just by a quick glance...the stadium was at LEAST half green. Curious, I looked up the box score last night and it lists attendance at 21,106. Realizing that that might be tickets sold....and that there were still empty seats...that would still mean we had 7-9k fans there. Does that sound about right ?? I'm thrilled if that was true....but it sounded a bit high. So either we traveled REALLY well....or Lockhart can't possibly seat 20,000. Anyone else got a guess?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,433

HALF or more of that stadium was in green and gold.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know about half, but we had about 40%.  So 7-9k would be a pretty good range.

• Content Count:  2,307

Agree with over half the stadium being Green and Gold.  I'd say a little over 9k.

Funny, when we played Miami 2 yrs ago we brought 5k...and now we pla FAU and bring double that.

Times are changing...

• Content Count:  275

Their stadium holds just 11500 i thought? they sold 10k tix and gave like 1500 to our students is what I heard.

• Content Count:  342

I don't know about half, but we had about 40%.  So 7-9k would be a pretty good range.

No. 

We had at least half of the stadium

• Content Count:  342

Their stadium holds just 11500 i thought? they sold 10k tix and gave like 1500 to our students is what I heard.

From what I remember the stadium holds over 17k then you add in the General Admission plus the standing room only which puts you over 20k

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

No. 

We had at least half of the stadium

agreed--- it was half or a little over half. Each team had one end zone and a side.

We traveled well to this game -- and while I can't gues the attendance per se-- the stands were full (but I wouldn't say "packed"). Early on it look like crap because so many folks strolled in late. but once the game got going for a while-- the people filled it up pretty good.

That stadium is not good enough for Division 1-A play. It is borderline for 1-AA.

I know it is what they have, but they need to get something better asap. Tearing down Lockhart is in the plans -- not sure if they are building the new one in it's place (unlikely -- since that is not their main campus)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I was told that the late arrivals were created when the game had so many going to it that people underestimated the traffic and parking situation. FAU made some good money on this game-- ESPNU cut, concessions, parking, and tickets sold. Too bad they put this part of the 2 for 1 home and home game first-- they might have been able to sell a ton more tickets at a different venue a year or so from now. But now we get them at home for two more games. I can see us continuing this game. FAU isn't as bad as I thought. They certainly have made some buig strides since our first game when we drubbed them. I'll give props to CHS for doing some good work under similar situations as USF. IF FIU gets their collective arses together-- we might have 7 teams in this state that are decent football programs-- with 3 or 5 being HUGE by comparison to the little guys. WHo knows where that goes down the line.

• Content Count:  1,433

I left Boca at 2:00 (from our hotel) and we were cruising along fine.  Then....we got close to Commercial Blvd. and there is a lane merging into Commercial at about the same spot as the exit to Commercial.  What a disaster...we sat for 15 minutes and decided to weed through the traffic and go south another exit.  It really is no wonder that so many people were late arrivals....there was not even a hint of traffic management by law enforcement...I think the problem was amplified by a stupid fair going on in close proximity.

Archived