• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Town - Live

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  275
  • Days Won:  0

Companion tix should be done away with completely, especially for the lower bowl. if you want tix and we have to wait, everyone should.

When people won't listen to reason for cutting in line and you get arrested for beating someone up, there has to be a middle ground.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Why not make companion tickets available on Game Day ONLY at the student gate. Make sure the student and companion is there and has to enter the gate while getting the ticket. It may be more time consuming, but it cuts down on scalping.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

probably because you want to know you have a sell out.  Doing it ahead of time guarantees all tickets are used.  My vote would be to do away with them completely.  Students only in the student section, everyone else, buy a ticket in a normal seat.

• Content Count:  866

For those of you who were in the Dome today, I was the guy in the gray shirt with the bullhorn letting people go section by section.  Sorry if I got short with some of you, but I had a million questions being fired at me from all different directions.  For the most part everyone was very friendly and seemed in good spirits. 

This is simply the best system we have at this time.  There will be adjustments for the 2008 season and beyond, and we're working with Student Government as well as other student leaders to implement a way that's as fair and equitable for everyone as we can make it.  You'll be able to accumulate "points" for things like attending Olympic sports, road games, etc. 

But for 2007, because of the incredible increase in demand literally overnight, this is all we can do.  As far as people cutting in line, we're working on a way to keep that as minimal as possible.  To the best of my knowledge, everyone who was in line at 6pm got a lower bowl ticket. 

If you've got a good idea, send it to me through the message system on this board.  Will be happy to pass it along if you've got a better solution.  I can tell you a lottery, for technical and other reasons, isn't feasible for this year.  We're not going to shut out students who have been with us for years because of the luck of the draw, and we're not able to implement a university wide student ticketing system literally overnight. 

Our Assoc. AD for External Affairs was out there tonight listening to student concerns, and asking for ideas from them.  If you've got a good idea, I'll make sure he hears about it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Let's say they do a lottery-- so first teh students are informed to sign up on line to be a part of the lottery (shows a going interest)

part two of the process presorts people based on some fair assessment of previous involvement + ranking in class.

Part three assigns the games to those-- and maybe they should STRONGLY consider giving the students the opportunity to rank their choices for what games they wish to go to. If they cannot go to a certain game-- they should inform the system (online again) so that the "open" ticket can be redistributed to the waiting list (e-mail sent, student confirms they can go by X-amount of time).

If a student fails to show up to the game (and they wil check the picture student ID--so no sharing or nonstudents allowed in) they will be penalized in the system somehow-- lowering their chance to get a ticket later on (next season for the first offense-- loss of the remainder of the season ticket for the second offense--which would be redistributed to the waiting list).

Also-- USF should allow for a certain number of overbookings-- just like the airlines that will allow them to ensure the seats are completely full. I am against the assigned seating-- if someone knows they can waltz in whenever-- we'll end up like UCF (at the Citrus bowl) with students tailgating until the second quarter and strolling in-- empty seats atthe start of the game-- that would suck.

Set up the entrances to handle the lower bowl / upper bowl as two distinct entry points. funnel those fans directly to the upper decks who did not win lower bowl selections. (Herd them basically).

It seems completely programmable to me-- and with some training, the RJS staff can ensure proper control. After a while, no one will try to buck the system-- no one will be able to cheat it-- and thsoe that try will be handled fairly via penalties of future access.

By the way-- this was totally off the cuff--- there are certainly tweaks and whatnot to the overall solution but this would be a nice starting point. If I were running the project, I would be sure to get the students involved in the design process to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything that impacts how it would be most effective.

this is a suggestion for next year --- in terms of a workable and equitable system

• Content Count:  5,241

Why not make companion tickets available on Game Day ONLY at the student gate. Make sure the student and companion is there and has to enter the gate while getting the ticket. It may be more time consuming, but it cuts down on scalping.

That would make the wait too long to be worth it. In advance is the way to do it. Scalping will still happen in large quantities.

Bottom line: Gotta make sacrifices if you want a ticket to a big time football program.

• Content Count:  2,307

I left at 6pm. Once they filled up the Sun Dome, everyone outside had to wait until they emptied the inside out. When I left, people looked misserable.

If you think they look miserable picture me after waiting there 5 hrs, leaving at the same time as you and walking about with no tickets because "my ID wasn't in the system" all of a sudden.  ********.  How the hell was the ID there a few days ago fo WV and now it's not?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Mag Pie - I would go insane... I would DEMAND a ticket.

• Content Count:  157

Everyone complains about this system but imagine if they told you to camp out at the stadium for three days to be in line for game day and you didn't get a ticket then? Oh and they don't start handing them out until they open the gates and people don't get into until after the game starts. That would really suck.

Think about it people. No one will be happy with what ever they do. We currently have the largest student section in the BE. They didn't have to expand it to over 12K but they did to try and accommodate as many students as possible but not everyone will get one. I'm willing to bet there will be no companion tickets next year as there is no reason for it. In the past it was great b/c students could buy them and fill the student section but there really is no reason for it now that we have the demand for tickets.  Next year with what ever system they implement there will still be people complaining. Seriously wait until you have to buy season tickets like other major college teams.

You all knew after WVU that you would have to line up for tickets for the rest of the season and if you didn‘t you were a little delusional to think that at any point this year you could walk up game day and get in. I don’t think its right that students are selling their companion tickets but they got in line early enough to have that right ethical or not. Only two more games at home after UCF we all know the dates prepare accordingly to ensure that you get tickets. Plenty of time to take off work and make plans with friends etc. Alternative is to buy a mini plan.

Archived