• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Town - Live

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

After this, we have two more games to distribute tickets to students.  Like I said before, next year there will be a new and improved way to do things prior to the season.  But for now, this is the best way to do it.  I can see companion tickets going away next year too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

After this, we have two more games to distribute tickets to students.  Like I said before, next year there will be a new and improved way to do things prior to the season.  But for now, this is the best way to do it.  I can see companion tickets going away next year too.

True ... USF had no idea of the fan support. I am sure they are working on a new plan. Instead of a lottery, I would say Seniors get first priority, etc. I am also sure they are talking with other schools on their procedures also.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

The plan for next year is this from athletics:

Sophomores-Seniors will have a level of loyalty points assigned to them. From there, all will have the same amount of chances to earl loyalty points through ticketed athletic events as well as other events across campus. These will be captured through using your Student ID's. The top 10% of participants will be get tickets to priority games; the rest are up for grabs. Certain weights will be placed on events that are away games as well as campus events as well. This will effectively eliminate the grade level debate as well as driving more people to attend other athletic ticketed events.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Why not just drop the companion ticket? If we have 12,501 students that want to get in, that's it! IF after those are distributed and a student wants to buy a ticket, bring your student ID and you're allowed to buy 1.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  47

I really don't understand the whole "companion ticket" deal.

Maybe they just want to make sure that they can sell as many seats as the can so they can generate the maximum amount of revenue.  I don't really understand it.

If I was a student, I would have just purchased the mini-pass.  Waiting in line for 7 hrs...to get a ticket that costs 20 bucks?  I would just pay the money.

I guess they want to sit in the student section.  I could see that.

• Content Count:  565

Yeah - to anyone reading this who has not gotten a ticket yet, you may be SOL.

We left at 510 when the Sun Dome was still full, and there was a line outside wrapped around the perimeter.  I think it'll take until at least 8 or 9 until they get through that entire line.

There has to be a better way!

Until then, GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to sound horribly rude, but here is the current situation until the online can be set up. Athletics is doin the best job they can, and being as fair as possible with this new situation.

Can't agree with that... It seems like whoever has less work and class obligations get advantages over those who need to be places or they lose their jobs/scholarships/etc...

I wouldn't say that's incredibly fair...

And letting everyone buy companion tickets (which most people are planning to put on ebay) isn't entirely fair either...

I'm sorry to sound like a *****, but you will NEVER PLEASE EVERYBODY!! Good lord, people whined with the camp-out, we have 8 A.M. Classes. Cool. Now, the system does not work against those with 8 A.M. classes, and now people are whining that it's on a Sunday. God, can we please just stop whining! Lots of people have jobs, lots have classes, lots "Have to stuuuudyyyy for my 10 o clock claaaassss tomorrow, and they are making us waaaiiiitt out here". T.S.!!! Ask a co-worker to switch with you, bring your Chemistry book with you, just stop whining when they don't just hand you a ticket, because after all, your situation is sooo much different then everybody elses!!

/rant after a four-hour wait

• Content Count:  47

You gotta wait in line at Florida State.

At FSU they issue you an online coupon that you have to get redeemed.

At Florida I think they let the students buy season tickets online.

But at FSU -- you have to wait in line.  What is worse about the FSU deal is the whole coupon crap.  The soroities have the freshmen show up to the ticket window and redeem every memeber of the frats coupon.  SO only one kid can redeem tickets for 90 coupons.  What sucks about that is th poor kid who just wants one ticket but isn't in a fraternity has a hard time because the frats make their pledges get in line butt early -- and then when you have 25 frats redeeming 70 coupons a piece -- you get the drift.  2/3's of the tickets are goine before a non-frat person even gets to the window to redeem is one measley coupon

its the biggest crock around.

So -- USF's system is a bit wacked -- its not as bad as FSU's.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

dan, I agree with the whinning. My point is with the companion ticket. If a student really wanted to take a "companion", let that student get into a different line, say, at the game. Open a ticket booth outside that entrance and sell the tickets there. Cash only, one ticket at a time. First come first served.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  136

Well Dan, maybe I actually am working or in class (obviously not in class now) and do not have 4 hours to wait... I'd rather not be fired... I also would rather not lose my scholarship because of skipping class...

Maybe my friends and I are the only ones that love the Bulls and have been going for years to the games but know that it's not worth going broke and having to drop out of school in order to go to a football game...

I have 4 hours I could wait in line... Actually from about 9pm-5am would work... That's about it... Good for you if you have all this free time and can wait in line for that long. I envy you, no sarcasm at all...

I'm not expecting a ticket handed to me on a silver platter, but I've put in my dues, and I'm willing to wait hours, but I'm not losing my job/scholarships/future for tickets to one game...

• Content Count:  743

I left at 6pm. Once they filled up the Sun Dome, everyone outside had to wait until they emptied the inside out. When I left, people looked misserable.

I was within 100 people of getting inside when they stopped letting people in. People WERE miserable. It was awful. My line of 100 in front of me turned into 300 in a matter of 45 minutes. Police finally started enforcing. We were told when they stopped letting people in that it would be 30 minutes until they would start again. After almost 2 hours we finally got in... it was just a mess.

Archived