• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN College Gameday to be at RAYJAY next week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

IF they do come next week, I would love to see them do the whole thing from inside the stadium. Let the students in early, they would provide more than enough excitement. As a bonus, if everything is centered around the student section, there would be way less of a chance to get any UCFers holding stupid signs up.

I personally would rather see them there for Cincy. That would mean that we are 8-0 at that point, Cincy would have to get through some tough games, it could be for the Big East Championship. I really just hate the fact that UCF is hanging on our coat tails as we have this potentially magical season. They haven't played anyone, but in over half of the stories we are getting, there has to be some mention of how "USF and UCF are emerging as new powers in Florida". I just don't see it, and any more national attention and we aren't going to be able to shake them. They will likely win the horrible C-USA this season, and then it is going to be even harder. I don't care if they do well, I just don't want to see it keep being attached to our success. For them doing well means the Liberty Bowl, for us, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. There is a difference.

Off topic a little, but did you guys see the "Tony Joiner Stole My Car" sign. Hilarious.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I think this is why they are going to wait until Monday. If Cincy beats Rutgers, then they may want to come for that game instead. If Cincy loses, then it will make their decision a little bit easier.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

GameDay likes regional rivalries.  A couple of other things to consider.  I doubt they'll go back to someplace they've been to recently.  USF would be something different, they know the game is sold out, and it carries extra passion even though we'd like it not to.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Gameday is more likely to be in Tampa if our Game with Cincinnati is a battle of 2 unbeaten teams.

Guest BullsBlow

You guys are just about crazy.  You guys are talking about being undefeated when Cincy comes to town.  Why dont you worry about the game you have this weekend, Next weekend and then any other weeks until that game.  One game at a time. So many of you Bulls fans seem over confident.  Remeber you are the HUNTED now.  Everyone wants to knock you off, and UCF is going to give it their best shot.

You guys are just about crazy.  You guys are talking about being undefeated when Cincy comes to town.  Why dont you worry about the game you have this weekend, Next weekend and then any other weeks until that game.  One game at a time. So many of you Bulls fans seem over confident.  Remeber you are the HUNTED now.  Everyone wants to knock you off, and UCF is going to give it their best shot.

Everyone is going to bring all they have got at us for the rest of the year, that's OK though, we know it. We are the fans. CJL will keep our guys focused. What should we be talking about? Hopefullt we are 4-4 when Cincy comes to town, if we are lucky, we can get bowl eligable?

I have no problems with UCF fans, but why do you feel it necessary to take away from what we are doing this year? First, Auburn was over-rated, then, WVU was over-rated and Pat White was hurt. Then, when Auburn beat UF, you had to resort to "you guys are just about crazy"?

How about coming on here and talking smack, but give us some credit. Something like, you guys are having a great season, we'll see if you can stop Kevin Smith next week though. That would be fine.

I am nervous about every game, but that isn't going to stop me from dreaming about what could happen if we keep winning. My dad had a profound statement the other day when talking about Urban Meyer's classless timeout at the end of the AU game. He was talking to a friend that said it wasn't classless, he was just trying to win the game. My dad responded with "he wasn't trying to win, he was trying to not lose". If we go into every week, trying to not lose, it's not going to be a good season.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

As fans, it doesn't matter if we think ahead.  Our overlooking of opponents has no impact on the game, sorry to say. So I will talk about what happens IF we go 8-0 if I want to.  No, I'm not saying that we will definitely do it, but we SHOULD do it.  The team, on the other hand, cannot ovverlook anybody, and we all agree with that.

• Content Count:  245

IF they do come next week, I would love to see them do the whole thing from inside the stadium. Let the students in early, they would provide more than enough excitement. As a bonus, if everything is centered around the student section, there would be way less of a chance to get any UCFers holding stupid signs up.

If they do come, it won't be in the stadium if it's a Noon game... no chance they could tear down that set in time for the game to start.

• Content Count:  635

i think with USF's surging hype and popularity, and ESPN always looking to explore new boundaries in situations like this, i definitely think it's a HUGE possibility we'll see the Gameday crew here next week.

the only problem is, the game is on ESPNU, right? and i don't know if they've ever taken Gameday to an ESPNU game before.

I don't think that matters, UF and LSU are on CBS tonight with no affiliation to ESPN, so it shouldn't matter. Plus, they could switch it if the wanted to put us on ESPN.

Archived