• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OFFICIAL Louisville vs Utah Thread

Matt

Well, you may be right -- I may have moved it too quickly... especially for a Friday night when traffic on the main board is light.

It's a habit when traffic is high to keep the main board focused.  I'm sure you've seen how quickly topics move to pages 2 or 3... heck, when traffic is high a thread can be moved off the first page in less than 2 hours.  So we try to keep it on target as much as possible....

(which is also why I merge a lot of topics, too... especially when things are posted again and again and again -- like that UF fan going nuts after the Auburn game).

Sure, we could say "traffic is light, make an exception" ... but then what happens when traffic is heavier?  It's a balancing act that we strive to achieve.

Plus with Firefox or the newest version of IE, opening multiple boards in different tabs isn't that hard to keep abreast of what's on all of the boards.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Moving a thread probably causes more threads to pop-up. People don't see it being discussed on the main board and they assume nobody posted about it. It would be nice to see a link at the top of the main board to specific game threads (BE games that is). When the game is over just move that thread to the BE thread. Just a thought.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea how many U of L threads have there been since this one was moved...2 or 3?

i just think while the game is being played its ok to have 1 thread about a nationally televised Big East game when its during the week.

oh well

• Content Count:  490

27 - 7 with less than two minutes in the half.

Wow. They really are bad this year.

Moving a thread probably causes more threads to pop-up. People don't see it being discussed on the main board and they assume nobody posted about it. It would be nice to see a link at the top of the main board to specific game threads (BE games that is). When the game is over just move that thread to the BE thread. Just a thought.

It might... but if people see "Moved: Louisville thread" ... they'll see there is a thread if they want to talk about it...

More often, duplicate threads are started by those who aren't on as often as we are, and thus don't see posts on other threads -- or don't bother to read past page 1.

yea how many U of L threads have there been since this one was moved...2 or 3?

i just think while the game is being played its ok to have 1 thread about a nationally televised Big East game when its during the week.

Okay, Rezz. You've convinced me... I won't move other threads if members can stick to one thread per game. Deal??

• Content Count:  5,903

This seems to be a problem that happens every week. I think a mod should just start a thread for the BE games and let them go until they are finished and then move them. Put the word OFFICIAL in the title and I think people will keep it to one thread.

• Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Back to Louisville...

I mean, let's look at the rest of their schedule, after this probable loss...

Cincy

@ UConn

Pitt

@ WVU

@ USF

Rutgers

They are 3-2 right now, likely 3-3 after tonight. Does anybody see them winning three of these games? This could, just as realistically as us winning the Big East, be a team that in one season goes from BCS Bowl winner to bowl ineligible.

Archived