• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would UF reschedule our '10 game for '08 ?

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

I would think they would decline.

Wonder if we call them and atleast ask ? And if so, do we call them out on it ?

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I rather have it rescheduled to '09 when Grothe is a senior, if anything. Next years schedule will be hard enough with road games against WVU, Cinci, Louisville, UCF, & NC St.

In year's past it may be a good OOC schedule, but all 4 may even go bowling/playoffs(The Citadel).

;D

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Their 2008 schedule is full.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

They can wait.  We'll play them when we play them.  No big deal.  We're #6 in the country right now, so we're doing something right.

Go Bulls!!!

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN or someone tries to broker a bump-up... consider that a game before '10 would mean Grothe vs. Tebow.

Would love to start the 2008 season at UF  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

You make it sound like UF changed to schedule to avoid USF. I don't see that as the case at all. There were schedule needs from BOTH teams that made the schedule move from the original 2008/2009 game to the current 2010/2015. The last move was to accomodate our Miami series.

No one is afraid to play USF folks-- that is ridiculous. I think some of us are getting way too excited about this start and being unreasonable about everything. We've done well, we've got FAU next. Let's just keep playing one game at a time and hope for the best. Looking ahead will be DUMB. We can talk about it as fans but how about we try to avoid writing checks our team can't cash? Just cheer them on and see how this year pans out. If we somehow go undefeated--- which imo is still a longshot based on the teams we have to face--- great.

Don't get me wrong-- I love USF football. I just think we as a fanbase are jumping to conclusions and assumptions that fail to recognize how tough it is to stay unbeaten or to continue having success year after year.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I kind of wish that UF would cancel the whole deal. We have a 2-for-nada with them. I am sure they are going to pay us well, but a ranked team shouldn't have to play 2 in the swamp for no return trip.

I want to play them, but I don't want to go down 0-2 with both games in the swamp (first game will likely be the first big road game for a new QB for us), then not get to play them again for a while. I at least want a shot at them in Tampa.

Just my opinion, but this isn't a good deal for us. It was at the time, but not now.

Archived