• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would UF reschedule our '10 game for '08 ?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

I kind of wish that UF would cancel the whole deal. We have a 2-for-nada with them. I am sure they are going to pay us well, but a ranked team shouldn't have to play 2 in the swamp for no return trip.

I want to play them, but I don't want to go down 0-2 with both games in the swamp (first game will likely be the first big road game for a new QB for us), then not get to play them again for a while. I at least want a shot at them in Tampa.

Just my opinion, but this isn't a good deal for us. It was at the time, but not now.

Same here, i wish we could get out of one or both games.

What would it cost us to back out of both games? Now that would be a statement! Give us a 1&1 or get lost!

Probably not very much... maybe nothing if we can get the spot filled for the $$ UF was going to give us... of course it could be harder to find a replacement now because the cost of payday games has gone up considerably.

If I remember correctly, these games were signed when USF was still a I-A independent... before USF moved to C-USA... and way before the Big East-ACC raid started the dominoes toppling.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

What would it cost us to back out of both games? Now that would be a statement! Give us a 1&1 or get lost!

Probably not very much... maybe nothing if we can get the spot filled for the $$ UF was going to give us... of course it could be harder to find a replacement now because the cost of payday games has gone up considerably.

If I remember correctly, these games were signed when USF was still a I-A independent... before USF moved to C-USA... and way before the Big East-ACC raid started the dominoes toppling.

Yeah, I think our best bet would be for UF to bail on us. I am not sure why they would though. Lets just say we are still doing well over the next couple of years, they will want to play us twice in the swamp to prove that they are still the best team in FL. We would do the same, given the opportunity. It was a great deal at the time to get us some exposure and recruits, but now, it is a series that we really do not need.

Having said all of that, I am really excited to play them, if we can go up there and beat them, that will be yet another huge step for "little south florida". We need to play them, I just wish the terms weren't so one-sided.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  143

screw that-- let's just play the games

it will do nothing but make our schedule that much more impressive-- especially if we win.

Let's not be like UCF and back out. Honor the contract, get the paycheck, get the win-- and possibly get some **** respect.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I think we should play them once max in g-ville, anything more than that HAS to be a 1-1 deal.  Do you think any other bcs schools would agree to an 0-2 series there.  NO.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  143

c'mon--- it's two times separated by 5 years

let's not be UCF and back out of some deal just because it isn't convenient for us anymore or we perceive ourselves as being above it-- or from what I understand UCF wasn't getting enough money from the pay per view

that's a bush league move imo

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

It's not that we PERCEIVE ourselves to be above it, we ARE above it. I don't see anything wrong with atleast canceling the '15 game. It's not like we'd be hanging them out to dry scheduling wise. That is more than enough time to find a replacement. Even if we have to go back to them and say we'd atleast like one return trip for the two road games I think that is a more than fair offer. Times have drastically changed since we signed that deal and it no longer makes sense to go through with it.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

It's not that we PERCEIVE ourselves to be above it, we ARE above it. I don't see anything wrong with atleast canceling the '15 game. It's not like we'd be hanging them out to dry scheduling wise. That is more than enough time to find a replacement. Even if we have to go back to them and say we'd atleast like one return trip for the two road games I think that is a more than fair offer. Times have drastically changed since we signed that deal and it no longer makes sense to go through with it.

Exactly.

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

No one is afraid to play USF folks-- that is ridiculous.

Someone tell that to Bobby up in Tallahassee

Archived