• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do the Bulls have a chance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Maryland was able to keep West Virginia's offense from exploding yet they still lost by a wide margin and were never really in the game. I think the Bulls are good enough to keep West Virginia's offense from exploding too, but will the Bulls be able to put up enough points? They did against Auburn, and they will need to get off to a quick start against WVU like they did against Auburn. The Bulls will need to establish their ground game early, and have some long clock killing possesions. West Virginia's offense will have trouble exploding if they are not on the field long enough to establish a rhythm.

This should be a great game to watch, I am so happy that I was able to get a ticket. Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  4,642

maryland sucks

our D will be the best WVU has seen, including what they've seen in their practices.

we will not hold white and slaton (and now devine) like we did last year, but we will still force enough turnovers and put up enough points to win the game by at least 6 points.

• Content Count:  695

WVU will destroy us!

I originally thought that too, but i'm not so sure. West Virginia didn't exactly destroy us in 2005, the same year that they won the Sugar Bowl in Georgia. They lost to us at home last year. I would say that we're the team closest to having West Virginia's number in the past couple of seasons. Defensively we're fast enough to contain West Virginia but the key is to keep that offense off the field as much as possible by establishing our own ground game. If our defense is constantly on the field they will get tired and West Virginia's offense will explode in the second half as it has against teams like Western Michigan and Marshall. If we can keep them off the field though, they wont be able to get into a rhythm and if we get an early lead like we did against Auburn, and against West Virginia last year we should be able to hold on.

Either way, I don't think we're going to get embarrassed we're going to be fired up. It will be our biggest crowd ever, national audience, NFL players on the sidelines. I'm liking our chances!

• Content Count:  1,297

WVU will destroy us!

I originally thought that too, but i'm not so sure. West Virginia didn't exactly destroy us in 2005, the same year that they won the Sugar Bowl in Georgia. They lost to us at home last year. I would say that we're the team closest to having West Virginia's number in the past couple of seasons. Defensively we're fast enough to contain West Virginia but the key is to keep that offense off the field as much as possible by establishing our own ground game. If our defense is constantly on the field they will get tired and West Virginia's offense will explode in the second half as it has against teams like Western Michigan and Marshall. If we can keep them off the field though, they wont be able to get into a rhythm and if we get an early lead like we did against Auburn, and against West Virginia last year we should be able to hold on.

Either way, I don't think we're going to get embarrassed we're going to be fired up. It will be our biggest crowd ever, national audience, NFL players on the sidelines. I'm liking our chances!

Colby, he says that every opponent will destroy us.  It's kind of a pregame ritual.

• Content Count:  651

Its been stated already, but a healthy dose of Ford and Co., which will keep that rediculously fast offense of WVU off the field, will be the key to this game. I'm not worried about our offense getting the job done, but we need to win the battle of ball possession. If we win that, we win the game. Another obvious stat will be the turnover battle. We just have to go out and execute at a high level, and we'll win.

• Content Count:  9,763
  • Days Won:  9

Colby, true USF fans wouldn't have to ask this question. 

• Content Count:  253

Duemig has offered to talk USF Football for anyone who can call up and say why we expect USF to beat WVU....

Archived