• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Observations about Fans @ UNC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

I had the ability to attend the UNC game this weekend and sit in a suite.. Was nice considering the rain. Sucked not being able to sit with all the fans.

Some observations from my seat above the Budweiser Lighted Sign:

• Alumni and Older Fans DO NOT STAND UP, DO NOT SHOUT, DO NOT CLAP, Do not ANYTHING. They sit like bumps on a log. The entire seating section under me never once stood up or got loud. VERY disappointed in them.
  • Standard seating fans (i.e. not the student section) wore mostly white..possibly a 70/30 split of white/green shirts. Not good.. They aren't getting the message. We need to find a way to communicate this better..

• Content Count:  3

• Alumni and Older Fans DO NOT STAND UP, DO NOT SHOUT, DO NOT CLAP, Do not ANYTHING. They sit like bumps on a log. The entire seating section under me never once stood up or got loud. VERY disappointed in them.

I was really disappointed also. Nobody would make noise in my section. I was the only one standing up and yelling and cheering. The lady in front of me actually kept turning around and kept giving me dirty looks every time I cheered and jumped up. I was pretty mad with our fans.

If you're not going to cheer and don't want to hear anyone else do it- stay at home, turn on the TV to watch the game.

I miss sitting in the students section...

• Content Count:  1,238

The seats under the suites are Club Seating, which up till a few years ago where my seats. The Club seats are more comfortable but are further away from the field. We also noticed that everyone in our section did not cheer, let alone stand and yell. It was as if they were watching the game on t.v. in a hospital. So we decided to move to section 108, closer to the field and a lot more cheerful. We have some older folks in our section which are not able to stand and sit easily but they do not complain nor gripe when others are doing it.

Everyone wearing green is taking some time to reach. May be due to folks not having more than one shirt for a game. I can except a USF fans wearing a none green USF shirt or a non USF fan wearing something different...I can even tolerate a fan wearing Bucs or Rays apparel but what doesn't make sense is USF fans still wearing UF, FSU, and UM.

Stand...Sit...Silent...or Loud

Come one...Come all

But show some pride in the effort your local university is putting forth and achieving, not just for USF but for the whole of Tampa.

• Content Count:  4,501

I guess you aren't in our section.  237  The folks around me stand up all the time and are pretty much into the game, when they aren't laughing at me - I get alittle loud. 

As far as the Green Out is concerned I don't like it and I will tell you why.  The colors don't show very well in the staduim or on TV.  They are to dark - if we were all in Gold it would really look good.

• Content Count:  936

Agreed. My normal seats are club section, but luckily its a pretty loud section and I tend to lead the cheers and standing up; going as bold as yelling at everyone to get their lazy asses out of the seats.

Sitting in that suite was frustrating. I wanted to jump out the window and grab everyone out of their seats. It was sad.

I miss student section :(

• Content Count:  2,277

Anyone in section 238?  That's where my season tickets are.  I haven't used them in the past 3 years I've had them (I just sell them and sit in the student section).  Are the fans lively in that section or are they boring and sit the whole time?  I saw someone said 237 was lively which is good being next to my section.  I'll be damned when I start using my tix if I sit the whole time.

• Content Count:  146

• Standard seating fans (i.e. not the student section) wore mostly white..possibly a 70/30 split of white/green shirts. Not good.. They aren't getting the message. We need to find a way to communicate this better..

I hate to say this but I'm unaware of this? Was there a big push to wear green to the games?  This is the first I've heard of it.  Why green, day games in blistering heat in dark colors seems like a bad idea?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

A couple of things....

1. Alumni and older fans do stand up, do shout and do get loud. Your position (subjective) does not apply across the

board. I sit in 234 (along with E.T. & BullDoug) and there's sufficient celebration. Now...if you want to stand for

three hours, head on down to the student section or the end-zones.

2. Wearing Green: says who? There is a common misconception among members of bullspen.com that this message

board - and those on it - constitute a majority of USF fans. Not the case. You can post 'wear green' on here all

you want, but if it doesn't get to fans who do not even know this place exists, you're pretty much preachin' to

the chior. Wanna pitch 'all green', call the Trib or some other media outlet.

• Content Count:  261

I'm in section 125 and boy is it dead going towards the back of the row. I wish I could move closer to the field in 125. I was surrounded by a number of elderly folks to my left and right. Although I really don't expect to be as active in the game, but at least clap or something.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I'm older, I stand, I get loud, I wear green, and I sit a couple of rows in front of Wooly, E.T., and BullDoug.

Yes, they're loud.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Archived