• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offense...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

It seems hard to ***** about todays game at all, but it seems like whenever there is a big lead, the offense seems to become overly-conservative. Even after going up 14-0, it seemed like iti was just time to run the ball. I know that UNC's run defense is pretty suspect, but how about building that lead up more at the end of the 1st half, then coming out in the 2nd half and march up and down the field another time or two before we put in the backups.

Again, I dont mean to be whiner about today game, but I would like to see them come out and just choke the effing life out of someone when they have them down on the ground.

1) USF kept throwing the ball, just having some problems with executing... they were 7 of 8 in the red zone today...

2) "Choking the life" out of a team is not the Jim Leavitt way.

• Content Count:  635

i don't know, i kinda like the idea of Ford and Williams pounding the ball down people's throats  >:D

• Content Count:  1,633

1) USF kept throwing the ball, just having some problems with executing... they were 7 of 8 in the red zone today...

2) "Choking the life" out of a team is not the Jim Leavitt way.

Granted, Grothe didn't play the 4th quarter, but he only threw 3 or 4 times in the 2nd half....

• Content Count:  385

Choking the life out of teams???  Anyone remember the score of our first game???

As for the offense I was wondering the opposite.  Why were we throwing the ball, when the first two drives and touchdowns we done on the ground.  We were running all over them and then we started throwing.  I think  the score would have been a lot higher if we kept running.  BTW Williams looked amazing today!!!!

• Content Count:  3,574

Auburn part 2...

We can't show all of our cards.

• Content Count:  12,293

regardless of our red zone "success"  i hate our red zone play calling.  i think we need to spread teams out with 4 or 5 WRs when we are around the 10-15 yard line.  maybe when we get in the 5 yard line you can start to pound it but those play actions are killer...too bad C Hill dropped that wide open touchdown for Gregory

• Content Count:  64

for me, the thing that is so great about CJL is that he seems to always be thinking ahead. If we are to be competitive all year, we have to maintain a balance between the running game and passing game. i liked the balance in the game. I think if we can balance both of these all year, we will put our team in third and short consitantly. the longer our offence is on the field the more we grind away at their D-fence and better we control the game. less injuries, the playes learn more from going through their prgressions everytime, and we get to save a few tricks for the big games.

i think today's game was a great prep for WVU

• Content Count:  2,523

We have a 6'5" monster of a WR.  Every time we're inside the 20, we should be throwing jump balls to him. 

We looked good early, but after that everyone who was watching who wasn't a bulls fan actually was getting less and less impressed watching our offense cough the ball up and fail to drive UNC through a wall. 

We'll move up, but only bc folks ahead of us lost.  We looked like a team on the edge of being ranked.  Good defense, but not enough execution on offense or that killer instinct you look for in a big time bowl team.

With UL losing to Syracuse, the Big East looks incredibly weak as they were supposed to be our #2 so everyone will gauge our conference by them and WVU.  It's imperative we CRUSH folks not in our conference like this so it's not so easily dismissed.

If we play like this, we will not beat WVU or Rutgers bc we won't put up enough points with those turnovers unless our defense is PERFECT.

My hope is Leavitt KNEW we were good for this win and was holding a lot back bc outside of short yardage and goalline, Ford hardly ran at all today.

I know one thing, we need to find a way to get the ball to Jessie Hester more.  That guy is open like 7-11!

Good win though and I hope the offense of the 1st quarter can play 4 quarters executing like that, bc we're going to need all 4 quarters if we're going to win this thing.

Archived