• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Need ESPN College Gameday..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

They'd probably set up inside of RayJay, say the southeast corner of the field.  The parking lots at RayJay aren't secured enough IMO.

They'd let select people inside of the field to show signs, I'm sure.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

They'd probably set up inside of RayJay, say the southeast corner of the field.  The parking lots at RayJay aren't secured enough IMO.

They'd let select people inside of the field to show signs, I'm sure.

I've been to gameday 4 times.  It is never in a secure location.  Anybody can get near the set.  They simply block off the area right behind them and control access so they can read the signs/flags, etc. to try and control what is seen on tv.  But anyone can enter that area as long as you do not have a obscene sign or weapon.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I honestly don't think we'll get Gameday ever as long as we're at RayJay.  They tend to go to On Campus Facilities.  Also, they normally go where the best game of the weekend is or the game they have in Primetime.  Everything would have to allign just perfectly for us to get Gameday.  We'd have to go undefeated up until UL for it to happen this year (oh yeah, and UL would have to win their remaining games), and even if that happened we'd only have a 5% chance of getting it.

I honestly don't think we'll get Gameday ever as long as we're at RayJay.  They tend to go to On Campus Facilities.  Also, they normally go where the best game of the weekend is or the game they have in Primetime.  Everything would have to allign just perfectly for us to get Gameday.  We'd have to go undefeated up until UL for it to happen this year (oh yeah, and UL would have to win their remaining games), and even if that happened we'd only have a 5% chance of getting it.

1) They have been to the Orange Bowl and LA Colesium many times, Joe...

2) They were at the Horseshoe for Ohio State - Michigan last year, that was a 3:30 ABC game.

3) There are currently no Primetime (ABC or ESPN) games for Nov 11 set yet.  Most of the BCS teams are still TBA.

4) There aren't many "marquee" matchups that weekend, given the way Notre Dame, Michigan, etc have played thus far.

I'd say if USF and UL can win out until then, and that is a very very BIG IF, chances are very good Gameday comes to Tampa.

And I would bet they would set up so they don't show the Bucs images... such as looking South from the South East corner.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I'm with JoeB--- I don't see us as a viable site--- remember-- they do feeds teh night before the game from the gameday set.

I don't really care that we aren't quite ready for this. OCS would be pretty much needed for that to happen-- that and a lot of winning-- ranking---- and high expectations with a really good opponent to boot.

TOo early for that type of stuff to happen for USF.=== and really not a big deal to me.

I really don't need to ever hear Chris Fowler say that USF is a commuter school again in my lifetime

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

1) They have been to the Orange Bowl and LA Colesium many times, Joe...

2) They were at the Horseshoe for Ohio State - Michigan last year, that was a 3:30 ABC game.

3) There are currently no Primetime (ABC or ESPN) games for Nov 11 set yet.  Most of the BCS teams are still TBA.

4) There aren't many "marquee" matchups that weekend, given the way Notre Dame, Michigan, etc have played thus far.

I'd say if USF and UL can win out until then, and that is a very very BIG IF, chances are very good Gameday comes to Tampa.

And I would bet they would set up so they don't show the Bucs images... such as looking South from the South East corner.

Jim, I understand they have been to the OB and the Coliseum many times.  You can't compare RayJay to either of these classic college venues.  There is more history at those two places than 75% of other college stadiums.  As far as the Horseshoe, I believe OSU was #1 and UM #3 at the time, which is why I stated the best game scenario.    

I'll put all of these games ahead of us at this point due to the fact that they are ranked ahead of us at this time:

WVU @ Cincinnati

Ohio State @ Michigan

PSU @ MSU

Pitt @ Rutgers

BC @ Clemson

LSU @ Ole Miss

Cal @ Washington

The Gameday guys love Clemson.  I'm putting my money on that matchup for the Gameday Live Crew.

Jim, I understand they have been to the OB and the Coliseum many times.  You can't compare RayJay to either of these classic college venues.  There is more history at those two places than 75% of other college stadiums.  As far as the Horseshoe, I believe OSU was #1 and UM #3 at the time, which is why I stated the best game scenario.   

I'll put all of these games ahead of us at this point due to the fact that they are ranked ahead of us at this time:

WVU @ Cincinnati

Ohio State @ Michigan

PSU @ MSU

Pitt @ Rutgers

BC @ Clemson

LSU @ Ole Miss

Cal @ Washington

The Gameday guys love Clemson.  I'm putting my money on that matchup for the Gameday Live Crew.

I would grant you that Death Valley could be a better location... if both teams keep winning. Could be a preview of the ACC championship game.

Michigan State is still rebuilding and will lose a few.  LSU and Ole Miss? Cal and Washington?  HAH!  They like matchups of two ranked opponents... high-stakes games, usually.

Now, consider that if USF and UL win out, the big east games won't be more attractive...

So you have BC @ Clemson and UL @ USF.

It all comes down to where are there going to be two highly ranked teams playing each other...

I like our chances.  May not happen.  But it's not as big of a stretch anymore.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Unfortunately, the big Bucs logos on the stadium in the background won't give the show the look they want.  It is "College" Gameday after all.  It'll never happen at RayJay.  And this does not deserve to start another OCS thread.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

If there's a big game in Gainsville/Tallahassee/Miami the next day would it be possible to move up there over the night and do like a 2 day College Gameday special?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Gamedayonly does Saturday locations but it does not have to be a college campus. They have done Pitt (v. ND) and Miami as well as the Fla/Ga game in Jax.

Remember they go late on Saturday so the Bucs game could play a large role if they have a game n Sunday.

As for the Colisuem, it's "offcampus" but its closer to USC'S campus than MOSI is to ours...

Also Gameday does't aleays do the game of the week,. they pick a few spots for fun during the year. 

Archived