• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Need ESPN College Gameday..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Gamedayonly does Saturday locations but it does not have to be a college campus. They have done Pitt (v. ND) and Miami as well as the Fla/Ga game in Jax.

Remember they go late on Saturday so the Bucs game could play a large role if they have a game n Sunday.

As for the Colisuem, it's "offcampus" but its closer to USC'S campus than MOSI is to ours...

Also Gameday does't aleays do the game of the week,. they pick a few spots for fun during the year. 

Gameday was at West-point for USF vs Army and I was there and they were no where close to the stadium; they were in a field and that was not the game of the week by any stretch.

They have also done shows form Birmingham, Houston, and The Rose Bowl and I also am pretty sure they did shows in the Georgia dome for the SEC championship.

Raymond James has hosted Fox's NFL show a couple of times as well as some Super Bowl shows; ESPN can set up wherever they need and use footage to show what they need like they did at West point.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  143

SOB..

What about other games? I forgot about the whole saturday thing.. lol.

If we were to succeed through UNC and WVU, where would we be? Why not a college gameday after one of those games? We deserve it. Wonder how it gets planned.

Why exactly do we deserve it?

Our team has been ranked for five days in its history.  We have come no where near a sellout in our history.  Until this year we couldn't get students to games.    I am curious where your sense of entitlement is coming from. 

• Content Count:  121

Gamedayonly does Saturday locations but it does not have to be a college campus. They have done Pitt (v. ND) and Miami as well as the Fla/Ga game in Jax.

Remember they go late on Saturday so the Bucs game could play a large role if they have a game n Sunday.

As for the Colisuem, it's "offcampus" but its closer to USC'S campus than MOSI is to ours...

Also Gameday does't aleays do the game of the week,. they pick a few spots for fun during the year. 

Gameday was at West-point for USF vs Army and I was there and they were no where close to the stadium; they were in a field and that was not the game of the week by any stretch.

They have also done shows form Birmingham, Houston, and The Rose Bowl and I also am pretty sure they did shows in the Georgia dome for the SEC championship.

Raymond James has hosted Fox's NFL show a couple of times as well as some Super Bowl shows; ESPN can set up wherever they need and use footage to show what they need like they did at West point.

Darn it you stole my thunder about the USf v Army game and the fact that Game Day has been at the GA/FA game in Jacksonville (home of the Jacksonville Jaguars).

Darn it Darn it Darn it.  LOL

• Content Count:  349

Jim, I understand they have been to the OB and the Coliseum many times.  You can't compare RayJay to either of these classic college venues.  There is more history at those two places than 75% of other college stadiums.  As far as the Horseshoe, I believe OSU was #1 and UM #3 at the time, which is why I stated the best game scenario.   

I'll put all of these games ahead of us at this point due to the fact that they are ranked ahead of us at this time:

WVU @ Cincinnati

Ohio State @ Michigan

PSU @ MSU

Pitt @ Rutgers

BC @ Clemson

LSU @ Ole Miss

Cal @ Washington

The Gameday guys love Clemson.  I'm putting my money on that matchup for the Gameday Live Crew.

I would grant you that Death Valley could be a better location... if both teams keep winning. Could be a preview of the ACC championship game.

Michigan State is still rebuilding and will lose a few.  LSU and Ole Miss? Cal and Washington?  HAH!  They like matchups of two ranked opponents... high-stakes games, usually.

Now, consider that if USF and UL win out, the big east games won't be more attractive...

So you have BC @ Clemson and UL @ USF.

It all comes down to where are there going to be two highly ranked teams playing each other...

I like our chances.  May not happen.  But it's not as big of a stretch anymore.

The way Cinci is going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if that Cinci/WVU is a big game...

Guest JulmisteForPrez

See the things we miss out on playing in Daddy Glazer's house?

And before a few of you whine about me bringing it up, this thread has everything in the world to do with the OCS debate.

I'll leave it at that.

• Content Count:  121

Good call let's leave it at that and for good measure not bring it up for at least another 2 years.  It's like we just have to find something to complain about. 

The way Cinci is going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if that Cinci/WVU is a big game...

Sure.

But remember, this is all predicated on the fact that USF and UL win out.  If USF or UL lose a game, which is possible, then I don't see Gameday interested.

That means 2 losses each for Cincy and WVU....so they may not even be Top 25 teams at that point.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

It's like we just have to find something to complain about. 

Nope.

It's a glaring issue that will be discussed/debated until it actually happens.

And so it should be.

• Content Count:  400

ESPN will NEVER come to raymond james.. this is the stadium with huge murals of people like derrick brooks and mike clayton on its sides.  why in the hell would college gameday want those images in their backdrop?  If Ray Jay wasn't so Pro-NFL in how it is decorated, they maybe, MAYBE it happens... even then, i doubt it.  Pitt's stadium doesnt have as much steeler crap on it as RJS has bucs stuff.  and the steelers are similar in color to the panthers, so it at least looks like a home stadium.

bringing ESPN College Gameday to RJS is like brining a girl to hook up with back to your parent's house when you are grad student.. it just ain't happenin.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

There was only one reason why they went to Pitt.  It was the opening game of the Charlie Weis regime at Notre Dame.  There was alot of hype surrounding the Irish that year initially after the firing of Ty Willingham.  Plus it was one of the better matchups that opening week.  It wasn't because of Dave Wannstadt I can tell you that.

Archived