• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New England Patriots-CHEATERS

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Can't wait for the jets to miss the playoffs so we can keep hearing your whining.  You'll miss by much more than a game, so it doesn't really matter that much.

OMG BONDS MUST HAVE A * AND BE KICKED OUT OF BASEBALL FOR LIFE!!! (even though it wasnt against the rules when he did it.)

Oh well who cares if the patriots broke a rule that they were specifically warned not to that could give them an obvious advantage. 

LOL at some people here and their blatant hypocrisy. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

What the hell are you talking about?  The Pats are being punished for their transgression.  Bonds is not. 

I agree with the punishment.  You cheat, you deserve what is coming to you.  If the commish said they were to forfeit the game, so be it.

Bonds isn't going to ever pay for his cheating, other than life span.

PS... It may not have been against MLB rules directly...but it is against MLB ethics policy.  Steroids = Illegal.  Therefore, they are against MLB rules by default. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

What the hell are you talking about?  The Pats are being punished for their transgression.  Bonds is not. 

I agree with the punishment.  You cheat, you deserve what is coming to you.  If the commish said they were to forfeit the game, so be it.

PS... It may not have been against MLB rules directly...but it is against MLB ethics policy.  Steroids = Illegal.  Therefore, they are against MLB rules by default. 

I see people here throw fits over bonds and are taking this much lighter even though the situations are very similar (both were breaking a rule policy etc to get an edge).  Also the fact that Belichick didn't get suspended makes this whole punishment a joke, especially when they were specifically warned about this behavior before the season started (pretty much makes them repeat offenders).  Not to mention the spare change fine that the organization got (Patriots are worth around $1billion sure they wont miss $250,000).  Wonder if the lack of severe punishment has to do with the fact that  Craft and Goodell are good friends.....   

Take up the punishment with the Commish.

I think it was fine... although a suspension probably would be warranted too.

The only reason I am commenting about the Jets is that I don't like the jets.  I hope this scandal doesn't affect their season results, but i don't think that will be the case anyway.  I don't see them making the playoffs, regardless of this incident.

The fine is the league max on Belichick. 

I don't get 1 pick for making the playoffs vs 2 for missing... shouldn't it be the other way??? i have no idea.

Regardless, they are paying their penalty as set by Goodell.

The cries for astersisk for bonds are strickly because there is no other way to punish him.  Come up with a better plan for it other than that... there is nothing that can be done.  Bonds is going to get away with it scott free and we have to accept it.  Oh well.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Can't wait for the jets to miss the playoffs so we can keep hearing your whining.  You'll miss by much more than a game, so it doesn't really matter that much.

OMG BONDS MUST HAVE A * AND BE KICKED OUT OF BASEBALL FOR LIFE!!! (even though it wasnt against the rules when he did it.)

Oh well who cares if the patriots broke a rule that they were specifically warned not to that could give them an obvious advantage. 

LOL at some people here and their blatant hypocrisy. 

amen

what a hypocrit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I see people here throw fits over bonds and are taking this much lighter even though the situations are very similar (both were breaking a rule policy etc to get an edge).  Also the fact that Belichick didn't get suspended makes this whole punishment a joke, especially when they were specifically warned about this behavior before the season started (pretty much makes them repeat offenders).  Not to mention the spare change fine that the organization got (Patriots are worth around $1billion sure they wont miss $250,000).  Wonder if the lack of severe punishment has to do with the fact that  Craft and Goodell are good friends.....   

very astute

coach b should have been thrown out of league

this is second offense

very astute

coach b should have been thrown out of league

this is second offense

Speakin of hypocrites... right on cue... great timing smazz.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

I dont even like when I think someone is looking at my plays in Madden.  Its gonna be a big deal when the Jets miss the playoffs by one game and it comes down to a game they were cheated.  Hard to run an offense when the defense knows what you are doing.  The sad part is Pennington and Jets still put up good numbers, imagine what they would have done if the Pats didnt know what they were going to do. 

I am proud of Mangini if he ratted out the Pats for knowing their cheating ways when he was in the system. 

Wasn't Mangini the coach of the Jets last year?

yea, trip you know that.  They were talking about how Mangini knew the Pats have been cheating for years and since they did it against him, broke his promise to keep is silent and had the league look into it.  All hearsay, but i was said. 

I just find it curious that the Jets/Patriots played twice last year but nothing was said then....... if the Patriots have been doing it for years why the Hell would Mangini 'promise" not to out them? They're in the same division for cripes sake. If I was Mangini, I would have had a little birdie alert the NFL offices as soon as I became a head coach. This whole thing seems kind of puzzling.

• Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

The tape was taken during the 1st quarter so the Jets were not cheated in the game. It would be pretty tough to figure out the calls that quickly and then be able to use them during the game. Also, Mangini knew this was going on and I am sure he had fake signs going in and such. The Jets got crushed no matter what happened. Doesn't make sense why a team as good as the Pats would do this though. 1st round pick is a pretty severe punishment.

I dont even like when I think someone is looking at my plays in Madden.  Its gonna be a big deal when the Jets miss the playoffs by one game and it comes down to a game they were cheated.  Hard to run an offense when the defense knows what you are doing.  The sad part is Pennington and Jets still put up good numbers, imagine what they would have done if the Pats didnt know what they were going to do. 

I am proud of Mangini if he ratted out the Pats for knowing their cheating ways when he was in the system. 

Wasn't Mangini the coach of the Jets last year?

yea, trip you know that.  They were talking about how Mangini knew the Pats have been cheating for years and since they did it against him, broke his promise to keep is silent and had the league look into it.  All hearsay, but i was said. 

I just find it curious that the Jets/Patriots played twice last year but nothing was said then....... if the Patriots have been doing it for years why the Hell would Mangini 'promise" not to out them? They're in the same division for cripes sake. If I was Mangini, I would have had a little birdie alert the NFL offices as soon as I became a head coach. This whole thing seems kind of puzzling.

I agree trip, to a point... although that might have ended up implicating himself a bit.  If he hadn't even coached a game against the Pats and turned them in, it would be obvious why.  But still, the jets were beaten because the other team is far superior.  Moss was double covered on that long route, and still burned both the safety and the corner.

Archived