• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New England Patriots-CHEATERS

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Not trying to start something...but perhaps they need to find the tapes of old games and see if the same guy caught here was doing the same thing in the past. If so....could be pandora's box... :-\

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

Not trying to start something...but perhaps they need to find the tapes of old games and see if the same guy caught here was doing the same thing in the past. If so....could be pandora's box... :-\

that same exact video assistant was removed from atleast 1 other game, but of course nothing happened because mother goose was the commish at that time.

the Pats need to be hit hard.  there is NO place in NFL football for cheating and stealing plays.

in baseball if a guy is trying to steal signs then that batter is drilled with a pitch.

football is already violent so you cant do that.  you gotta hit them where it hurts the most and thats suspending certain coaches and loss of draft picks

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Why this is against the rules I will never know... If your signs are caught, too bad! Adapt to it and change the signs, do something else.

That being said, it is still against the rules and I foresee Bill sitting out a game and losing a draft pick.

• Content Count:  19,229

I can understand why video taping signs is bad.... but stealing signs.. no way.

They shouldn't be allowed to video tape them, but as in baseball, sign stealing SHOULD be done.

Belichick fined league max $500,000

Pats lose 1st round pick in 2008 if they make the playoffs <---

or 2nd,3rd round pick if they don't make the playoffs <--- not going to happen

Plus, the team was fined $250,000

Pretty steep, but certainly sends a consistent message.  Gotta hand it to Goodell.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Belichick fined league max $500,000

Pats lose 1st round pick in 2008 if they make the playoffs <---

or 2nd,3rd round pick if they don't make the playoffs <--- not going to happen

Plus, the team was fined $250,000

Pretty steep, but certainly sends a consistent message.  Gotta hand it to Goodell.

I;m thinking a big part of that is that they supposedly sent out a memo specifically warning against doing the filming..

• Content Count:  1,911

I dont even like when I think someone is looking at my plays in Madden.  Its gonna be a big deal when the Jets miss the playoffs by one game and it comes down to a game they were cheated.  Hard to run an offense when the defense knows what you are doing.  The sad part is Pennington and Jets still put up good numbers, imagine what they would have done if the Pats didnt know what they were going to do. 

I am proud of Mangini if he ratted out the Pats for knowing their cheating ways when he was in the system. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I dont even like when I think someone is looking at my plays in Madden.  Its gonna be a big deal when the Jets miss the playoffs by one game and it comes down to a game they were cheated.  Hard to run an offense when the defense knows what you are doing.  The sad part is Pennington and Jets still put up good numbers, imagine what they would have done if the Pats didnt know what they were going to do. 

I am proud of Mangini if he ratted out the Pats for knowing their cheating ways when he was in the system. 

Wasn't Mangini the coach of the Jets last year?

• Content Count:  1,911

Wasn't Mangini the coach of the Jets last year?

yea, trip you know that.  They were talking about how Mangini knew the Pats have been cheating for years and since they did it against him, broke his promise to keep is silent and had the league look into it.  All hearsay, but i was said. 

Can't wait for the jets to miss the playoffs so we can keep hearing your whining.  You'll miss by much more than a game, so it doesn't really matter that much.

Archived