• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New England Patriots-CHEATERS

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The tape was taken during the 1st quarter so the Jets were not cheated in the game. It would be pretty tough to figure out the calls that quickly and then be able to use them during the game. Also, Mangini knew this was going on and I am sure he had fake signs going in and such. The Jets got crushed no matter what happened. Doesn't make sense why a team as good as the Pats would do this though. 1st round pick is a pretty severe punishment.

I think that the tape could get used at half time, but I do agree that if Mangini did know about this or suspect(assuming he didn't do it when he was there), he was changing up his calls anyway.

Embarrasing that the pats did this, and they are getting what is coming to them.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I dont even like when I think someone is looking at my plays in Madden.  Its gonna be a big deal when the Jets miss the playoffs by one game and it comes down to a game they were cheated.  Hard to run an offense when the defense knows what you are doing.  The sad part is Pennington and Jets still put up good numbers, imagine what they would have done if the Pats didnt know what they were going to do. 

I am proud of Mangini if he ratted out the Pats for knowing their cheating ways when he was in the system. 

Wasn't Mangini the coach of the Jets last year?

yea, trip you know that.  They were talking about how Mangini knew the Pats have been cheating for years and since they did it against him, broke his promise to keep is silent and had the league look into it.  All hearsay, but i was said. 

I just find it curious that the Jets/Patriots played twice last year but nothing was said then....... if the Patriots have been doing it for years why the Hell would Mangini 'promise" not to out them? They're in the same division for cripes sake. If I was Mangini, I would have had a little birdie alert the NFL offices as soon as I became a head coach. This whole thing seems kind of puzzling.

I agree trip, to a point... although that might have ended up implicating himself a bit.  If he hadn't even coached a game against the Pats and turned them in, it would be obvious why.

That's why I said use a little "birdie", something that couldn't be traced back to him .....

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think the punishment is harsh enough. According to FOX, rule 105 prohibts this type of filming. ALL of the NFL teams were sent a memo at the beginning of the season about this rule.

The Patriots violated this rule and were trying to cheat. I think Belichick should have been treated just like a player caught the first time with steriods. Belichick should have been suspended for 4 games without pay. To send a message to every team that THIS SHOULD NOT BE DONE, after the NFL warned teams not to do this, the Patriots should have lost EVERY ONE of their draft picks next year.

I don't care that everyone supposedly does this. I don't care who did it in the past. IT'S AGAINST THE RULES. The NFL warned ALL the of the teams not to do this. The Patriots were stupid and got caught doing something they KNEW they were not supposed to be doing. Treating Belichick just like a cheating player would have been the right thing to do. Slamming the first team stupid enough to do this after being warned not to, would make it loud and clear that this is not to be tolerated.

The NFL obiviously is two faced when it comes to how teams and coaches are treated and how players are treated. The NFL put the rock on the ground.

Kizarvexis

I saw a shirt the other day that was hilarious.

Patriots - We're watching you!

i'll see if I can locate who sells it.

The more i've heard the arguements from both sides, i tend to agree... none of the punishment affects THIS season.  There should have been a suspension of Belichick for sure.  All the penalties are for future seasons.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

The more i've heard the arguements from both sides, i tend to agree... none of the punishment affects THIS season.  There should have been a suspension of Belichick for sure.  All the penalties are for future seasons.

At least, it should have been a 1st rounder, no matter how they finish.

yep, getting punished based on where you finish is odd.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

They should have to forfeit the game against the Jets along with losing draft picks.

They should get rid of all the Patriot's staff and start from scratch.  Then still no one would like them so it really doesn't matter.

Archived