• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we run up the score higher than Louisville?

Who will be the Big East's top scorer in their opening game  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Another thread said - CHEAP STATS.  

I would much rather get as many players in the game and get them as much experience as possible.  Remeber, we're only one play away from some of these guys being starters.

Can we? Of course. Will we? Give Leavitt one good reason and he might. Other wise...

GO BULLS!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

The real question would be, why would we want to?

Watching that games was just sad. Murray State was clearly outmatched. Remember this is the same Murray State that went 1-10 last year in I-AA. I couldn't believe that Brohm was still in until about mid-way through the thir quarter and that theycame out of the half throwing the ball 40 yards downfield to Douglas. I know you can't go out there and not play, but running between the tackles and getting off the field as quickly as possible is the way to go when you have a blood bathon your hands. Kragthorpe is lucky that Peanut Whitehead (who was still in late in the 4th quarter), Brohm, Douglas, Urrutia, and their stud TE weren't injured in the second half. Typical Louisville.....running up the score. I don't think it helps confidence either. Rather I think it creates a false sense of bravado and can do more harm than good.

Sorry you folks have adopted the "hate others for false reasons" stance so prevalent today.  It was 49-10 at half and Brohm was in for ONE play in the second half, a touchdown pass.  After Brohm went out, Louisville returned a punt for a touchdown on the next series so they had scored twice in the first couple of minutes of the half.

Cantwell the backup QB played one game situation series with two passes early in the third quarter and then they proceeded to run mostly off tackle using backs who were four to six deep on the depth chart from the 6:01 mark of the third quarter until the end of the game.

Repeat that: They ran off tackle for almost the entire second half. How is that running up the score?

Based on your comments in this forum, you don't know what you are talking about.  Murray was so bad that at least six teams in the Big East could have hung forty points on them by halftime.

And as for the lone field goal attempt on fourth and long.  Which is more embarrassing to a team, having someone score on you, or some refusing to even try to score?

A couple of years ago, the Kentucky coach and fans complained about Louisville scoring in the fourth quarter when they had a lead and didn't need the points (don't remember the exact score).  So the next year, when Louisville had the ball on the Kentucky goal line in the fourth quarter and took a knee, it was embarrassing for Kentucky.  I'd rather someone score on me than quit even trying to advance the ball. How embarrassing is that?

• Content Count:  12,293

looks like someone made a louisville fan mad....

haha

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Watching that games was just sad. Murray State was clearly outmatched. Remember this is the same Murray State that went 1-10 last year in I-AA. I couldn't believe that Brohm was still in until about mid-way through the thir quarter and that theycame out of the half throwing the ball 40 yards downfield to Douglas. I know you can't go out there and not play, but running between the tackles and getting off the field as quickly as possible is the way to go when you have a blood bathon your hands. Kragthorpe is lucky that Peanut Whitehead (who was still in late in the 4th quarter), Brohm, Douglas, Urrutia, and their stud TE weren't injured in the second half. Typical Louisville.....running up the score. I don't think it helps confidence either. Rather I think it creates a false sense of bravado and can do more harm than good.

Sorry you folks have adopted the "hate others for false reasons" stance so prevalent today.  It was 49-10 at half and Brohm was in for ONE play in the second half, a touchdown pass.  After Brohm went out, Louisville returned a punt for a touchdown on the next series so they had scored twice in the first couple of minutes of the half.

Cantwell the backup QB played one game situation series with two passes early in the third quarter and then they proceeded to run mostly off tackle using backs who were four to six deep on the depth chart from the 6:01 mark of the third quarter until the end of the game.

Repeat that: They ran off tackle for almost the entire second half. How is that running up the score?

Based on your comments in this forum, you don't know what you are talking about.  Murray was so bad that at least six teams in the Big East could have hung forty points on them by halftime.

And as for the lone field goal attempt on fourth and long.  Which is more embarrassing to a team, having someone score on you, or some refusing to even try to score?

A couple of years ago, the Kentucky coach and fans complained about Louisville scoring in the fourth quarter when they had a lead and didn't need the points (don't remember the exact score).  So the next year, when Louisville had the ball on the Kentucky goal line in the fourth quarter and took a knee, it was embarrassing for Kentucky.  I'd rather someone score on me than quit even trying to advance the ball. How embarrassing is that?

Once you were up by 35 plus your starters should have been out of the game, especially once you noticed the big disparity in the talent.  If you weren't trying to run it up/pad stats why was Brohm even on the field at all in the second 1/2?  You had a 39 point lead against a team that prolly couldn't beat your scout team and you put your heisman contender QB in to trow a another td.  The whole thing wreaks of stat padding.  Your telling me you wouldnt complain if Brohm would have blown out a knee in that first second 1/2 series.  Both you and i know he had no business on the field after the first 1/2.  Ill say it again it was like watching and adult beating up a 10yr old.   

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

CAN the Bulls score that much... absolutely.

WILL the Bulls TRY to score that much... not on your life.

It will be more like Rutgers... 38-3... because CJL will be giving the ball to the RBs a lot... and when you run a lot the game clock doesn't stop as often, meaning you have fewer plays..

Now, consider U of L had a punt returned for a touchdown, and three "drives" of 1 or 2 plays for TDs....  that's 28 points in less than 80 SECONDS of game time... Rutgers had four "drives" of less than two minutes each... Cincy had a pick-6 on defense, and took the ball away 6 times...

Can USF's special teams or defense score? Sure.  Can we be +4 or +5 on turnover margin? Maybe.  Can Mike Ford break a 60-yard TD run? Will CJL let Grothe throw down the field to Taurus Johnson for an 80-yard TD? Maybe.

The game plan will be a heck of a lot of running, especially on first or 2nd down, with some short, controlled throws here or there... USF's offense looks more like West Coast than the air-it-out attack from Kragthorpe or the "Cat-Attack"...

Oh, and with Brohm and Rice needing extra stats for their Heisman race... their coaches left them in a heck of a lot longer than they should have.

and that isnt good

buffalo is a 1a  team so rutgers win isnt that tainted or disgraceful

teams like louisville shouldnt play 1aa teams

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Another thread said - CHEAP STATS.  

I would much rather get as many players in the game and get them as much experience as possible.  Remeber, we're only one play away from some of these guys being starters.

Can we? Of course. Will we? Give Leavitt one good reason and he might. Other wise...

GO BULLS!

experience against teams like elon will not help when you are playing auburn the next week

1 - Brohm should have been done somewhere about the 9 minute mark of the 1st half... after Louisville went up 42-10.  If not even earlier.

2 - Cantwell could have used the rest of the 2nd quarter for "game situations" and that would be fine...

3 - Every possession of the 2nd half should have been off-tackle with the backups and walkons.

4 - Your 3rd string QB should have been for the whole 4th quarter

Then, if you're still scoring on them, your're not really trying to... the FG is okay... and taking a knee at the goal line in the 4th quarter isn't embarassing, it's showing mercy and class.

And if you were playing a BCS team last night, then I'd say run it up... but this was against a weak I-AA team... the ONLY reason Brohm played as long as he did was to pad his own stats... and that is downright selfish.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Louisville.

• Content Count:  4,501

Have we forgotten the score of our first game ever played  80-3.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Smazza - YES, it will help. Any experience will help. I would think being the football genius you THINK you are would get that.

DaBull - You are kidding aren't you?  Would you actually compare an independent  team playing their first game ever to L'ville in 2007?

GO BULLS!

Archived