• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Practicing Hard....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I remember listing to a story or reading an article where Jim Leavitt stated the coaches were practicing the players really hard, this year. I did not imagine it was so hard that I would keep hearing these stories about players getting injured. I wonder if it is a case just reporters being reporters and hyping things up or if there is a real issue with working the players too hard.  This is football and I do expect some injuries but this many is a little concerning.  ???

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I remember listing to a story or reading an article where Jim Leavitt stated the coaches were practicing the players really hard, this year. I did not imagine it was so hard that I would keep hearing these stories about players getting injured. I wonder if it is a case just reporters being reporters and hyping things up or if there is a real issue with working the players too hard.  This is football and I do expect some injuries but this many is a little concerning.  ???

Its football and little injuries happen all the time.  The hasnt been but 1 major injury so far (Erskin)  This team needs to practice hard every day as our second game is arguably one of the biggest in our programs history. 

• Content Count:  11

Its football and little injuries happen all the time.  The hasnt been but 1 major injury so far (Erskin)  This team needs to practice hard every day as our second game is arguably one of the biggest in our programs history. 

I second that. Outside of Erskin's knee injury, the other injuries all appear to be minor. Also, the coaching staff is holding out those who need to be held out due to nagging injuries (However, I am concerned about Alvarado's injury). If they had to play tomorrow, they could. Playing through injuries is a good measure of toughness, Something I feel this team has shown.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

This week is like the last week of training camp. Let the starters rest a little and the backups get extra work.

We have to work depth into the line-up somewhere. I know we we need to be ready, but it may not be a bad thing.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  78

To quote Dan Hawkins "its division 1 football." 

You have to do some hitting in two a days to be ready for game action but the majority of these injuries are ankles and those are unavoidable.  Almost all these injuries would not keep players out of a game but they sit out of pratice as precaution.  Now come next Tuesday and Wednesday if they are still missing pratice then they probabley will be held out of the Elon game.

Also its not out of the question that some of these guys just want to miss a pratice or two during two a days.

• Content Count:  12,293

i think the main reason we think there are a lot of injuries this year compared to years past is that the media is doing a great job of keeping the fans informed.

Brett and Greg have both done a good job on their blogs and sometimes we hear about things like minor injuries in those blogs just because they are so detailed.  i dont think it is too much of a problem.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I guess if you don't have them now you will have them during the season.

Archived