• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Hill back at QB

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

His fumbles are of no concern to me.  His apparent lack of understanding of leadership is a major concern for me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,911

I say we're fortunate to have him there as Grothe seems injury prone.  We talk about Hill's two non-redshirt freshman fumbles and not Grothe's 14 INTs.  Maybe, given a chance, Hill can help this team.  Why discount it beforehand?

Couldnt have said it any better myself.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez

His fumbles are of no concern to me.  His apparent lack of understanding of leadership is a major concern for me.

Exactly my point.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

He was a good enough leader on the field to get his team to the JUCO championship game!!!

He did fairly well vs WVU in his only significant playing time.  That's the same team that beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

I'm not saying he is the next Vince Young, but I find it laughable that people make judgements based on 2 series as a true freshman in the biggest game (to that point) against a defense that had the #1 overall pick and 2 other first rounders that year.

If you ae going to get him playing time, I'd rather it be against an Elon and FAU rather than Auburn, Rutgers and UL.  The same goes for Gregory.  Give them both time throughout the year to get some game snaps at full speed just as Grothe was afforded last year early in the season.  That way when we need to rely on them when we need them, we aren't playing catch up and find oursleves in the same situation we did with Ronnie Banks.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

He was a good enough leader on the field to get his team to the JUCO championship game!!!

That's kind of like saying Trent Dilfer was the reason the Baltimore Ravens won the Superbowl back in 2001.

Everyone knows it was Baltimore's defense & Jamal Lewis that won that title.  Dilfer took snaps, handed off to Lewis, and threw an occasional screen or dump-off pass that the receiver took for 50-60 yards.

Carlton Hill has done NOTHING to show he's a servicable QB to this point.  To argue otherwise at this juncture is mere speculation.

• Content Count:  919

Smoking pot with the boys isn't my idea of leadership.

• Content Count:  12,293

you guys are so quick to talk about those 2 fumbles....

however, do you need a reminder of who caused those fumbles...just some nobody named Mario Williams.  If the name doesn't ring any bells in your head, then I guess you didn't watch the draft 2 years ago when he went 1ST OVERALL!  that Line also included Manny Lawson who was also a 1st round pick that year to the 49ers and made major contributions for their team.  So 2 fumbles against NC State, when it was late in the game and the other team KNEW we werent going to run the ball.  He was a sitting duck back there having those 2 guys geared up for a straight pass rush every single snap.  If anything I pin those 2 fumbles on CJL for putting a kid with pretty much ZERO experience in big time college football into that enviroment at that stage of the game.  the kid had NO chance of success.  I think he might end up being a decent QB, i think he would probably be more use to our team at the WR spot but at the same time, he CAN play QB if we need him to.  With Voss taking a RS we are pretty thin at QB.

• Content Count:  12,293

having you ever heard of team bonding?

;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Excellent point.

So basically what this is is the holier-than-thou brigade weighing in and passing judgment .....

We are two plays away from playing Severino and I'm just not sure I'm real comfortable with that. Hill showed some ability to make plays with his feet when he was here before so I'd be more inclined to go with him as 3rd string qb .... Hell, who knows though, Severino may get a shot and set the world on fire.

Archived