• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wish USF would do something like this...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

No, I didn't say it was a "problem", I just said that it's the wrong shade gold ..

I understand that you are VERY passionate about this and will really try to lay off in the future .... Just one question, though. What impact do you think this has on anything to do with our football program on a national basis? It's the 'U' itself, not the color that is giving us whatever recogntion we're getting right now ... and, honestly, whenever I see it on a national broadcast of any kind, the symbol not the helmet, it always appears to be green. Do you think anyone outside of Tampa even notices the difference in color?

Simply put: You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Impression on who?? This is the part that I just don't get. Who are we trying to impress with our uniforms?

BTW, I see you used "beloved" up there .... You're not going to jump on the 'Tamplona' bandwagon, are you??

I'm failing to see the correlation here..........someone help me out......

Sorry, our resident board eternal optimist uses beloved all the time .... and he's also the architect of "Tamplona".

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The middle Iowa State helmet is the nicest of the 3.

I have always been a proponent of us getting gold pants. Those would look nice with the white jerseys and we could wear them occaisionally at home.

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

If it were ever put to a vote I would rig the voting so that the current ones would win, for no other reason other than the big deal you have made about this topic on these boards over the years. Stop :wah Stop :deadhorse and please  :stfu

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I think green on green is great. I would not like to see gold pants, and I definitely don't want green helmets. Leave everything as is. If they change the U to green...fine. If not...whatever. I'm going to go out there and root for the team, not the uniforms.

• Content Count:  3,827

Rezz - I voted for #2. The other 2 look too "high-school-ish" for my taste.

M-A-B - I think what we have is fine. Remember, it's the helmets we're talking about here. Too many people are confusing the point of my argument. I do agree with you though.

TripleB - I would love to poll the players on this issue. 18-23 year old males want to look sharp. If you dont think so, i'm sorry, but you're wrong.

There is a REASON that pro and college teams spend so much money on market research and focus groups and all that crap when it comes to uniforms. The "look" of the team is a big factor, like it or not.

Based on your logic, it would've been fine and dandy for Bucco Bruce to stay on the side of the Buccaneer helmets. Orange is still a team color (check the outline of the numbers), and you can probably see it better on tv than a dark red anyway. Let's just leave it as is. Who are we trying to impress anyways?......

puc86 - If every time Jim Leavitt's name was writtin in print, it was misspelled.....or if everytime a tv guy mentioned Matt Grothe, they pronounced it "Growth", would that bother you?

This helmet issue is the same concept. It's wrong. Fix it. It's a simple change. Just do it.

ksquire - Again, it's the HELMETS, not the uniforms that are the problem.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Shoop is right, guys.

And one of the funniest things about the whole internet bulletin board posting thing is seeing guys who hate certain topics, yet ALWAYS manage to click on it and rail,  whine, complain, scream, weep, and gnash teeth about how stupid the topic is.

Seems to me if you can see the thread is about uniforms, and you hate the topic of uniforms, you should promptly exit the thread and move on.

Crazy concept, I realize.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I'd rather have gold pants than a green helmet decal.  Stands out more on TV to people that aren't as familiar with our team (the gold pants, that is).  I would take both if it were an option, however.

TripleB - I would love to poll the players on this issue. 18-23 year old males want to look sharp. If you dont think so, i'm sorry, but you're wrong.

There is a REASON that pro and college teams spend so much money on market research and focus groups and all that crap when it comes to uniforms. The "look" of the team is a big factor, like it or not.

Based on your logic, it would've been fine and dandy for Bucco Bruce to stay on the side of the Buccaneer helmets. Orange is still a team color (check the outline of the numbers), and you can probably see it better on tv than a dark red anyway. Let's just leave it as is. Who are we trying to impress anyways?......

You're taking about a complete image and mindset change, not just a little tweak to the colors, when throwing the Bucs out there.... and I'd love to see the players polled on this, too but I think if this was as big an issue as you and others make it out, the players would have mutinied several years ago.

Shoop is right, guys.

And one of the funniest things about the whole internet bulletin board posting thing is seeing guys who hate certain topics, yet ALWAYS manage to click on it and rail,  whine, complain, scream, weep, and gnash teeth about how stupid the topic is.

Seems to me if you can see the thread is about uniforms, and you hate the topic of uniforms, you should promptly exit the thread and move on.

Crazy concept, I realize.

I liken this to slowing down to gawk at a car wreck. You know you shouldn't do it but you...just...can't...help...yourself.  ::)

• Content Count:  358

usfhelms.ai.png

Just a few ideas I had a friend make up.

How about #3, but without the white outline?

This thread is like a Queer Eye for the Bulls guy.  :D

Archived