• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wish USF would do something like this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

grothe2a.png

(Look at the helmet.....now compare to it to the logo on the hip)

You want out helmets to be gray??

Where do you get gray from?!

Ya know,maybe that's your problem with this issue, you're color blind. You always seem to find a way into my posts on this topic, and you always seem to find a way to make a fool of yourself.

The uniforms are great, but unfortunately, the helmets stick out like a sore thumb. It just ruins the whole look.

Define "ruins" ....

I'll use the BEST example in college football. The UAB Blazers. They share our colors and "style" uniform. Yet, somehow they did it correctly.

What do you think UAB would look like with OUR helmet?.....

MinersvsUAB.11.19.05.jpg

45a.jpg45a.jpg

Oh hell, if we cant get it right, then i vote we just go white, ala UCF

White's not one of our colors....

By that logic, you obviously believe that a black helmet(pick the logo color out of a hat....hell, we already are!) would be just as well.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey bull2saintleo, can u make some white versions as well?

I dont think the green would look good at all, personally. If we went green, it would only work with white pants(see: Chicago Bears).

With UCF changing to white, I can only imagine the "copy cat" comments we would recieve, but it'd be interesting to see what it would look like regardless.

As far as my choice? I'm all for version 3 of your original group of helmets. It's perfect..............too bad the folks in the equipment dept are obviously color blind as well. (Although, the "USF" on the helmet is really starting to grow on me....)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

grothe2a.png

(Look at the helmet.....now compare to it to the logo on the hip)

You want out helmets to be gray??

Where do you get gray from?!

Ya know,maybe that's your problem with this issue, you're color blind.

In all seriousness, on my screen the U on Matt's pants at first looked mostly gray... but I guess my screen is kind of small because when I squint and lean in close, I see it's the other gold. Everything else looks the right color .... er, not "right" according to some, but the colors they are in real life.

You always seem to find a way into my posts on this topic, and you always seem to find a way to make a fool of yourself.

I find my way on here because I find the fanaticism some have with this topic fascinating .... and if there's a topic sure to make a fool out of someone, this is it.

The uniforms are great, but unfortunately, the helmets stick out like a sore thumb. It just ruins the whole look.

Define "ruins" ....

I'll use the BEST example in college football. The UAB Blazers. They share our colors and "style" uniform. Yet, somehow they did it correctly.

What do you think UAB would look like with OUR helmet?.....

I don't CARE what UAB would look like. I'm sure they don't CARE what we look like. NOBODY cares that much about what we look like but maybe a couple of dozen people. That was my point in asking what "ruin" meant. Does it really take away your enjoyment of watching the Bulls play? Is your first thought when one of our guys scores a td right in front of you down there "****, our helmet sucks .... oh, hey, TOUCHDOWN!!"  ;)

Oh hell, if we cant get it right, then i vote we just go white, ala UCF

White's not one of our colors....

By that logic, you obviously believe that a black helmet(pick the logo color out of a hat....hell, we already are!) would be just as well.

Black IS one of our colors .... Just check out the U and facemasks on our helmets.

Shoop, look I'm sorry, I'll really try to steer clear of these threads in the future ..... which is why I thought Mike's idea for separate board for this was perfect.... and for the record, I hope they do change the gold on the helmet to one more in line with our other gold stuff, I'm just not going to lose any sleep over it.

So TripleB, after all that, you agree with me?!

Wow.

You dont "care" about UAB, because you know that I make a valid point. And you claim that "they" dont care either. When actually, they ARE the ones who care, cause they got it CORRECT. Something we cant say about our beloved football team.

And yes, every time I see our helmets: on the field, on the internet, on tv......every god **** time, it bothers me. Because as I said, it's the #1 symbol of USF Athletics and it's completely inaccurate. It blows me away that a university trying like hell to gain recognition in every possible manner, would overlook such an OBVIOUS problem. And yes, it is a problem. You said so yourself.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

So TripleB, after all that, you agree with me?!

Wow.

You dont "care" about UAB, because you know that I make a valid point. And you claim that "they" dont care either. When actually, they ARE the ones who care, cause they got it CORRECT. Something we cant say about our beloved football team.

And yes, every time I see our helmets: on the field, on the internet, on tv......every god **** time, it bothers me. Because as I said, it's the #1 symbol of USF Athletics and it's completely inaccurate. It blows me away that a university trying like hell to gain recognition in every possible manner, would overlook such an OBVIOUS problem. And yes, it is a problem. You said so yourself.

No, I didn't say it was a "problem", I just said that it's the wrong shade gold ..

I understand that you are VERY passionate about this and will really try to lay off in the future .... Just one question, though. What impact do you think this has on anything to do with our football program on a national basis? It's the 'U' itself, not the color that is giving us whatever recogntion we're getting right now ... and, honestly, whenever I see it on a national broadcast of any kind, the symbol not the helmet, it always appears to be green. Do you think anyone outside of Tampa even notices the difference in color?

BTW, I see you used "beloved" up there .... You're not going to jump on the 'Tamplona' bandwagon, are you??

No, I didn't say it was a "problem", I just said that it's the wrong shade gold ..

I understand that you are VERY passionate about this and will really try to lay off in the future .... Just one question, though. What impact do you think this has on anything to do with our football program on a national basis? It's the 'U' itself, not the color that is giving us whatever recogntion we're getting right now ... and, honestly, whenever I see it on a national broadcast of any kind, the symbol not the helmet, it always appears to be green. Do you think anyone outside of Tampa even notices the difference in color?

Simply put: You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

BTW, I see you used "beloved" up there .... You're not going to jump on the 'Tamplona' bandwagon, are you??

I'm failing to see the correlation here..........someone help me out......

• Content Count:  6,928

t1_iowastatehelmets.jpg

Iowa St. lets fans help choose helmet

Posted: Tuesday August 21, 2007 4:38PM; Updated: Tuesday August 21, 2007 4:51PM

Iowa State's Web site gives fans the choice of these three helmets.

Courtesy of Cyclones.com

AMES, Iowa (AP) -- Nothing defines a school's athletic image quite like its football helmet. At Iowa State, its fans will help decide what that image will be.

The program will debut new uniforms next season. As part of its redesign, Iowa State has posted three possibilities for its 2008 helmet on its Web site, and fans are being asked to vote for their favorites.

The helmet will be white, with a white face mask and traditional cardinal and gold stripes. What's up for debate is the logo.

The school has narrowed its selection process to three designs; "Cyclones" written in cursive, "ISU" in curved block letters and a large I with "State" written across it. Online polling ends Aug. 31, and Iowa State will weigh fan opinion before making a final decision.

"It is our goal that the option chosen will allow us to more clearly define our athletics program on a national level," Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said. "These three concepts emerged after thorough discussions with a number of individuals and each of the ideas ties back to our history in its own unique way."

Teams hardly ever let their fans pick what they'll wear. In 2002, the Seattle Seahawks became the first NFL team to let its fans to help choose its uniform ensemble, giving them a choice between a blue or a gray helmet to go with their new uniforms. The blue design, currently still in use, received 76.6 percent of the votes.

Iowa State's new uniforms will feature an added emphasis on the school's traditional colors; cardinal and gold. Both hues are darker than those used on the current set of uniforms, which use a brighter shade of cardinal and new bright gold pants.

The new set will also have a more traditional feel. The home uniforms will feature a cardinal jersey with gold and white sleeve stripes, gold pants with cardinal and white stripes, cardinal socks and black shoes. On the road, Iowa State will sport a white jersey with cardinal and gold sleeve stripes, cardinal pants with gold and white stripes and cardinal socks.

New coach Gene Chizik said the inspiration for a return to classic colors came when officials were doing research for the 1977 throwback set the Cyclones will wear against Iowa on Sept. 15.

"The true cardinal and gold colors are richer than what we presently wear," Chizik said. "In looking at the throwback uniforms we're wearing this fall, I couldn't help but notice how much our color had changed over the years. The darker colors are much classier and more dramatic."

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

• Content Count:  12,293

of course our resident fashion designer Big Shoop already pointed this out.

i think the one of the left is their best shot.  those other 2 look to generic.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Love UAB's uniforms.

I've always KNOWN gold pants would look great with our green jerseys @ home thanks to UAB already being the guinea pigs.

Gold helmet, green jerseys, gold pants........beautiful.

Archived