• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn Violations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

But it does happen every where...

Don't think for one second that this doesn't happen in the BE though because for all we kbow its just as bad.

Those are some very bold statements.

To imply that the BigEast cheats as much as the SEC, if at all, is laughable and downright libelous.  SEC favoritism at best.

Did you know that in December 2003, Auburn was one step away from losing its accreditation due to athletic malfeasance?  http://www.sportsfilter.com/comments.cfm/2523  But now, just three and a half years later, they are a model institution.

Of course, Alabama is in so much continuous sh!t, that I don't know if they are on probation this year, last year, next year, or, most likely, all of the above.

Kentucky just got off probation last year.

Arkansas got off a couple years ago.

South Carolina is on probation this year.

And on and on...

Here's an article I love to site from three years ago...http://www.sportsline.com/general/story/7384634

It says that in the past ten years(from 95-04), "nearly every league school has been accused of malfeasance, some more than once."

Here's the first few sentences of the article...

Dave Odom knew the Southeastern Conference had an image problem when he talked recently with a colleague from another major league about scheduling a game.

"He told me there were only four teams in the SEC he would play," said Odom, the men's basketball coach at South Carolina.

The message was clear: Two-thirds of the SEC's 12 schools should be avoided because they played loose with the rules.

Acknowledging its reputation as a renegade conference, the SEC approved a policy Wednesday that is designed to reduce the sort of cheating that has put a constant stream of schools at odds with the NCAA.

Obviously, the policy has been a shining success. ::)

Joe, to put the BigEast in that light is shameful, especially for a Bulls fan.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Harvey. Your misconstruing everything I'm saying.

These violations in this article are standard run f the mill minor infractions that do happen at every institution. They happen at Auburn, USF, Harvard, etc every year. These are nothing more than violations that are being turned ino the NCAA before August 1st. I know whattrouble the SEC has been in. Read above.

However the infractions in this article are nothing and if it were Troy or UAB would have probably not even reported. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

improperly giving a suspended player $3500

That really is a mischaracterization of the story.  The player received two checks for room and board when he was academically ineligible.  He was forced to pay it back.  Seems like a simple mistake to me.  I don't want us to start sounding like our friends to the east.

• Content Count:  6,928

means nothing

unless the story was about USF then it would be "the sky is falling".....

• Content Count:  549

improperly giving a suspended player $3500

That really is a mischaracterization of the story.  The player received two checks for room and board when he was academically ineligible.  He was forced to pay it back.  Seems like a simple mistake to me.  I don't want us to start sounding like our friends to the east.

Might have been a simple mistake, might not.  It sounds like an easy way to try and slip a little extra cash to a player.  Who knows.  But using Auburn's past(recent) history, suspicion should be anyone's first thought and the benefit of the doubt is not deserved, IMO.

I just really get upset at cheating in general.  It just seems to roll off most people's backs, like, "oh yeah, they have a history of being caught cheating every few years, big deal.  They probably would have won all those championships anyway."  Right.

People are quick to point out how great the SEC is, and how dominant the programs have been, historically, yet the fact that they are, historically, the dirtiest, most corrupt conference fails to connect. >:(

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

BENCH THE WHOLE FIRST STRING...THEY ARE ALL EVIL PEOPLE.

Now maybe we can win?

Archived