• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn Violations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Auburn Reports 13 secondary violations with a few in football.  Not really a big deal, but good info.

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/index.ssf?/base/sports/1184837118116840.xml&coll=3

• Content Count:  549

Good grief, didn't another SEC team do this a couple of weeks ago?  But I guess it's all good if they're only "minor" violations, all 13 of them. ::)

What a dirty motherfluffing conference.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sorry Harvey,

Every school has minor violations that are usually reported this time of the year because August is when all the amended bylaws are effective so in effect its a "new" year for compliance departments. I'm sure USF and UL had similar reports.

Its always some thing stupid, like ccidentally calling a prospect and making contact twice in one week, or allowing a student athlete to make a long distance call in your office, etc. In most cases when self reported you get nothing  & at worst a minor fine.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

means nothing

• Content Count:  549

Until I see this list that has "every school" on it, I'll just go by the only two schools I've seen self-report so far.

Its always some thing stupid, like ccidentally calling a prospect and making contact twice in one week, or allowing a student athlete to make a long distance call in your office, etc. In most cases when self reported you get nothing  & at worst a minor fine.

The three football team violations were 1.)letting recruits go where they please on the field during a game, 2.)a coach being a keynote speaker at a high school fundraiser, and 3.)improperly giving a suspended player $3500.  Yup, all stupid and all violations that anyone in the athletic department(including coaches) with half a brain knows are illegal.  Accidents?  Maybe, but unlikely.  Cheaters do not get the benefit of the doubt in my book, and how can anyone just disregard that conference's history?  Just last year(or maybe two years ago), something like 7 SEC teams were on probation at the same time.  But these are just accidents, right, not a pattern?

This is from the article linked above..."The report was prompted by a New York Times article last summer that claimed Auburn students, including many athletes, were receiving academic credit in independent-study courses for little or no work."  How do you give them the benefit of the doubt, Joe?

• Content Count:  1,757

Big Joe, back to the defense of his beloved SEC yet again.

No offense Harvey but this is my exact job. We just reported our violations this past week and we had 15 minor violations. Every school has some it's impossible to keep 500 student athletes in check anlong with hundreds of recruits each year. Violations happen.

Most schools don't get published and peple go on livin their lives. Auburn is a popular program that has several people live and die by it. Thus it is subject to reporting from all angles.

Everyone from Harvard to Stanford has these problems.

Not saying Auburnis innocent, but I'm sure Louisville turned in their fair share in too.

Just to note by turning these violations in they are subjecting themselves to the NCAA and any penalty they see set forth. I am nor saying Auburnis innocent, or any SEC team.

But it does happen every where. And self reporting is the safest way of protecting yourself.

Don't think for one second that this doesn't happen in the BE though because for all we kbow its just as bad.

• Content Count:  16,368
  • Days Won:  43

The point is that the SEC is under a microscope now because they have committed major violations in the past. (Exhibit A= Bama) Minor violations are going to be news since it is coming out of the cloudy past of the SEC. It may not be fair to SEC fans, but that is just the way it is now.

I didn't mean to makeit sound like the SEC was innocen between them and the Big 10 you'll have enouh to keep most NCAA investigators busy. Its just this type of news isn't really big because its standard in all conferences.

Archived