• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Well the good news is that Auburn only had 2 players make Offensive Preseason All Sec, both on the third team

The bad news is that they had 6 players make Defensive Preseason All Sec ... Quentin Groves is an absolute monster on the DL and would be shocked if we can contain him.  trey Blackmon is pretty bad ass at LB too. 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I don't know what the Over/Under is for this game, but i'll take the under.  And anything over, I don't like our chances of winning the game. 

Rocky, I am at a loss to understand your need to show UT pictures....HERE.  This is a USF board.  I actually don't appreciated it.  The picture you proudly display should be for the UT MB.  This is Bull Country.  I'm not trying to be personally malicious about it.  I'm just expressing my lack of understanding and disdain.  I just think it is somewhat offensive on your part to us 100% die-hard Bull fans.  Basically, IMO, there is zero appreciation for your picture by the majority of the fans here so why post it?

get that ut crap off this board

sounds like someone is still bitter that UT beat the crap out of Cal last year after you talked so much crap about how great the Pac 10 was and how Cal was going to destroy UT...

glad to see the bi-monthly debate of my allegiance has popped up again, thanks for the concern....  as for it being disrespectful, that is a quite a jump.  if UT and USF were related in anyway at all, i could maybe see it as disrespectful, but since UT and USF have not played in any sport that I am aware of in some time and are not scheduled to (maybe softball or basketball in the future?) that i know of, I don't see how it is any different than someone having a picture of the Drays or Bucs up. 

And I don't have a picture of the band up, I have a picture of one of the greatest pre-game rituals in college football and a picture of Neyland Stadium at night... hardly focusing on the band

And whoever said that they thought Florida's defense was slow as molasses is obviously retarded.  That is one of the most ignorant statement i have heard made about college football in a while. 

Don't worry about those guys. I had a picture of some old school mariners in my sig for a while.

I like to give you crap because there was not even a hint of bulls pride before you added the U to your avatar. I seem to remember you referencing UT pretty much every chance you got/get.

It's all in good fun. I understand that you are probably an SEC elitist now....what would your response be if USF were to play UT instead of AU? where would your alliance lie? I think that is what most people have a problem with.

But, until we do play them, UT is just as insignificant to me as it is to the rest of the nation. ;):D

As long as you root for the Bulls on gameday,  help with the national ratings by tuning in, and schooling those fools in Tenn about the bulls, then you can have a UCF sig if you want.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,297

I'm not taking Elon lightly.   :)

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You cnnot compare losing 3 first rounders off an undefeated squad to losing a couple starters off an offense whose oline was terrible last year.

Yes our defense is loaded and will be the key to winning this game. However, @ too believe that many aren't giving Auburn credit. And statements like "UFs defense wasn't fast" reaffirm it.

To reaffirm, @ believe we have a great chance of winning this game, but lets at least look objectively. Night game. ESPN. One of the best teams in football the last 5 seasons. Were not waltzing in to that environment and asserting our game on them, our best chances of winning is  keeping the offense on the field as much as we can, because I don't believe our defense as he depth to be out there much. (see Louisville) 

• Content Count:  1,981

glad to see the bi-monthly debate of my allegiance has popped up again, thanks for the concern.... 

And I don't have a picture of the band up, I have a picture of one of the greatest pre-game rituals in college football and a picture of Neyland Stadium at night... hardly focusing on the band

Fantastic, but could you please reduce the picture size to 1/10th of what it is right now? I would appreciate the 10 mouse scrolls you will save me everytime I have to scroll down after your posts!

• Content Count:  113

i think it should be against board rules to post other schools logos/pictures as your avatar and/or signature. it would be great if the mods inforced this. i'm a former USF athlete, do you know what happens when an athlete wears other schools apparel in the weight room? you get kicked out! not only does it extremely pi$$ off the trainers, it's very disrespectful to your school, coaches, teammates, and trainers. so Rocky...it would be cool if you took that Tenn. crap off!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

You cnnot compare losing 3 first rounders off an undefeated squad to losing a couple starters off an offense whose oline was terrible last year.

Yes our defense is loaded and will be the key to winning this game. However, @ too believe that many aren't giving Auburn credit. And statements like "UFs defense wasn't fast" reaffirm it.

To reaffirm, @ believe we have a great chance of winning this game, but lets at least look objectively. Night game. ESPN. One of the best teams in football the last 5 seasons. Were not waltzing in to that environment and asserting our game on them, our best chances of winning is  keeping the offense on the field as much as we can, because I don't believe our defense as he depth to be out there much. (see Louisville)   

I agree.  It is like the Buc defenses of the late 90s and early 00s.  Small, quick and athletic but could wear down if on the field too long.  If our offense can win time of possession and sustain drives it will keep our defense fresh and give us a chance.  Or we could get up big quickly and hold on.  The latter is very unlikely.

• Content Count:  115

That Oline produced the first guard picked in the draft this past April, and the offense produced a second round RB, so I would say they lost some major talent there.  As for the losses from that unbeaten season, none of those guys has done much to impress since leaving school.

Im sure you probably had a similiar take going into the West Virginia game last year to, and I would say we asserted ourselves pretty well in that hostile environment.  This is my favorite asspect of this board, we agree we have a storng chance, just in different ways.  I refuse to ever EVER give our oppenent love, I do not want War Eagle fans to think even for a second I doubt we will walk into that building and smack them in the mouth, I flat out believe our D will dominate their rebuilt Offense, I think we will turn them over three times and will claw out the win off of field possition and solid D.  But from a realistic point of view I do not know that we gain more than 200 yards in total offense, but I dont think that will matter in the end.  I would take our starting 11 on D over their starting 11 on D.  ~U~

• Content Count:  4,451

I believe USF has a better chance vs Auburn this season than they did vs AL a few seasons ago.  The O has a better chance of keeping the D off the field and I will have a hard time seeing more than 2 sustained drives vs this USF D.  I expect the run D to be very good with Moffit in hte middle with the Bull tackles and our CBs will be like a glove on thier WRs.  If the DEs can penetrate the OL and get pressure, this will be a good game for the Bulls.  The odds are still 65/35 Auburn but if its low scoring there is always a chance.  Defensive score, turnovers and special teams will be the deciding factor.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That Oline produced the first guard picked in the draft this past April, and the offense produced a second round RB, so I would say they lost some major talent there.  As for the losses from that unbeaten season, none of those guys has done much to impress since leaving school.

Remind me, how many are on the Oline again? Oh 5. They were aweful last year, and after looking up the number, they were worse than I thought. Auburn gave up 34 sacks last year. That was  second worst in the SEC, only behind UK. They aren't missing that Oline.

As for Kenny Irons, yes the guys was a solid back, lots of potential. However, by the end of the season he was losing a lot of carries to Brad Lester and Ben Tate. Both are unbelievable RBs that could create that 1-2 Cadiallac/Ronnie Brown punch.

The biggest area of concern on Auburn's offense is their WRs. However, Montez Billings will probably be their go to guy this year at that position, and he tore it up in their spring game. He might have a breakout year. Other than that, they are very weak at the position.

Im sure you probably had a similiar take going into the West Virginia game last year to, and I would say we asserted ourselves pretty well in that hostile environment.  This is my favorite asspect of this board, we agree we have a storng chance, just in different ways.  I refuse to ever EVER give our oppenent love, I do not want War Eagle fans to think even for a second I doubt we will walk into that building and smack them in the mouth, I flat out believe our D will dominate their rebuilt Offense, I think we will turn them over three times and will claw out the win off of field possition and solid D.  But from a realistic point of view I do not know that we gain more than 200 yards in total offense, but I dont think that will matter in the end.  I would take our starting 11 on D over their starting 11 on D.   ~U~

Sorry I cannot compare a noon game on ESPNU at WVU to a night game, on ESPN at Auburn.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMFi14kIrR8

While it won't have the atmosphere of the #2 team in the country, I have been to a warmup game at Auburn, and they are pretty freaking crazy. WVU is a tough place to play from what I've heard, but many consider Auburn fight up there with Florida, Ohio State, and Tennessee.

Your entitled to your opinion and be the biggest optimist in the world. I might call you out or disagree, but I am not gonna hold it against you. However, when people make rediculous statements lsaying "Florida's defense wasn't that fast" or the SEC isn't as good as advertised then I'm gonna step in. Is teh SEC overrated? Yes, I don't think it's the stonewall everyone makes it out to be. However, they are far and clear; the best conference in the country.

Beating Auburn would be a freaking large step for USF, schools  just don't waltz in to SEC venues and win though. I know that we are 200% better than when we played Alabama. And I believe we have a very good chance to win. It's just going to take a great game from all aspects.

• Content Count:  115

I understand what you are saying, and it was not me that said Florida's d was "slow" or "overrated" last season.  I have never seen a D take an offense apart the way they took Ohio State apart. 

I guess the biggest issue I have with your last comments is you are stating the loss of the talent from last years team is no big deal.  If their Oline was so awful last year, than the guys stepping in this year cannot possibly be that great, because these are the guys that backed that horrible group up last year, or they are Freshmen.  In other words they were not as good as the starters from a year ago?  Or you are telling me that a freshmen lineman is an upgrade over a senior?  ???

You also said that you have been to Auburn for a game, Have you ever been to Penn State?  How about Bama, or OU?  I ask this because, every road game to a contending squads site is going to be difficult.  That Utube video gave me chills, but not because I am intimidated, or because I think our guys might be, but instead because I can not wait until that scene goes silent.

You going to be able to head up for the game Joe, I would love to buy you a beer pre game and celebrate with you post game...

Archived