• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Auburn is 12-1 in September the last three years...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

Beating the likes of Mississippi State, Ball State, W. Kentucky, Buffalo, the Citadel, and Louisiana-Monroe all at home doesnt really make me shake in my boots.  The LSU wins are clearly top notch, but they were also both at home and not in dominating fashion.  I would also like to point out that one loss was to a 5 loss Ga Tech team at Auburn in early Sept... Should we go into this game with any doubt, I say HELL no... Can we lose the game of course, but I think this game will be won or lost on a kick.  That is the type of game I cant wait to watch.  I love the look back to Penn State a couple of years ago.  We were such a different team back then and the effort Leavitt got out of the boys was insane.  With a team that finally has the talent of most of our opponents I believe this is going to be a magic season which begins with possibly the biggest upset of the year on a night in Sept. If you have any doubts in our team I would like to personally request that you stay at home and enjoy the game in High Def on Espn, because you dont deserve to experience this win live.  I do understand the need to have a level head as a fan, but there comes a point in every teams history when fans just have to stop hoping, and start believing.

• Content Count:  1,291

Their running game may be the best we face all year.  We will need to play ball control on offense while scoring TDs.

Are you saying that they are better than WVU?  WVU and UL have explosive offense.  Last year, Auburn was completely stalled against Nebraksa.  I agree with you that ball control is the most key in the game.  if USF make no turnover and special teams play good, we will win!  ::)

• Content Count:  2,726

If you have any doubts in our team I would like to personally request that you stay at home and enjoy the game in High Def on Espn, because you dont deserve to experience this win live.  I do understand the need to have a level head as a fan, but there comes a point in every teams history when fans just have to stop hoping, and start believing.

Thank You for your words.  I agree with them greatly.

Let me restate...I am not saying that we can't win this game.  I am just saying that people are making it sound alot easier than it might be.  I don't think we should be talking too much smack going into it.  Remember how people like ECU and UCF and even WVU talk their smack?  Well, I just don't want us to have to put our foot in our mouth.  I hate the SEC and want to take them down badly...I'm sick of hearing how they have the "fastest defenses" and all this crap.  I personally think UF's defense is slow a molases...and those BIG TEN schools are even slower with those overweight farm boys guarding the lines...

The Big East IS where its at and I want us to show the WORLD that so badly on Sept. 8th.  I will be listening on my radio from Japan(so sad I can't be there).

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I think KNOW we have talent to win and KNOW we have the mindset to win. The better team will win and expecting USF to be that better team.

And remember you can have ball control through the air also ... I feel our Offense will be very balanced and will be moving down the firld and INTO the paint.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

If you have any doubts in our team I would like to personally request that you stay at home and enjoy the game in High Def on Espn, because you dont deserve to experience this win live.  I do understand the need to have a level head as a fan, but there comes a point in every teams history when fans just have to stop hoping, and start believing.

Thank You for your words.  I agree with them greatly.

Let me restate...I am not saying that we can't win this game.  I am just saying that people are making it sound alot easier than it might be.  I don't think we should be talking too much smack going into it.  Remember how people like ECU and UCF and even WVU talk their smack?  Well, I just don't want us to have to put our foot in our mouth.  I hate the SEC and want to take them down badly...I'm sick of hearing how they have the "fastest defenses" and all this crap.  I personally think UF's defense is slow a molases...and those BIG TEN schools are even slower with those overweight farm boys guarding the lines...

The Big East IS where its at and I want us to show the WORLD that so badly on Sept. 8th.  I will be listening on my radio from Japan(so sad I can't be there).

GO BULLS!!!

I will be listening in Paris  Tanoshimou

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Well put, E.T.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That Auburn loss to GT was on a team that was replacing 17 of 22 starters from an undefeated year. Including Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, and Jason Campbell.

As for SEC defenses not being fast. It's not like UF held OSU to 200 yards, which would be impressive...they held them to 84 yards! A lot of this Auburn team was responsible for knockng them off. We definitly have the ability to win, but its gonna bw freaking hard simply because its at Auburn. 

• Content Count:  3,078

Well the good news is that Auburn only had 2 players make Offensive Preseason All Sec, both on the third team

The bad news is that they had 6 players make Defensive Preseason All Sec ... Quentin Groves is an absolute monster on the DL and would be shocked if we can contain him.  trey Blackmon is pretty bad ass at LB too. 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I don't know what the Over/Under is for this game, but i'll take the under.  And anything over, I don't like our chances of winning the game. 

Rocky, I am at a loss to understand your need to show UT pictures....HERE.  This is a USF board.  I actually don't appreciated it.  The picture you proudly display should be for the UT MB.  This is Bull Country.  I'm not trying to be personally malicious about it.  I'm just expressing my lack of understanding and disdain.  I just think it is somewhat offensive on your part to us 100% die-hard Bull fans.  Basically, IMO, there is zero appreciation for your picture by the majority of the fans here so why post it?

get that ut crap off this board

sounds like someone is still bitter that UT beat the crap out of Cal last year after you talked so much crap about how great the Pac 10 was and how Cal was going to destroy UT...

glad to see the bi-monthly debate of my allegiance has popped up again, thanks for the concern....  as for it being disrespectful, that is a quite a jump.  if UT and USF were related in anyway at all, i could maybe see it as disrespectful, but since UT and USF have not played in any sport that I am aware of in some time and are not scheduled to (maybe softball or basketball in the future?) that i know of, I don't see how it is any different than someone having a picture of the Drays or Bucs up. 

And I don't have a picture of the band up, I have a picture of one of the greatest pre-game rituals in college football and a picture of Neyland Stadium at night... hardly focusing on the band

And whoever said that they thought Florida's defense was slow as molasses is obviously retarded.  That is one of the most ignorant statement i have heard made about college football in a while. 

• Content Count:  115

That Auburn loss to GT was on a team that was replacing 17 of 22 starters from an undefeated year. Including Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, and Jason Campbell.

As for SEC defenses not being fast. It's not like UF held OSU to 200 yards, which would be impressive...they held them to 84 yards! A lot of this Auburn team was responsible for knockng them off. We definitly have the ability to win, but its gonna bw freaking hard simply because its at Auburn. 

Is a home loss not a home loss, especially to a team the pundits say you should beat?  Is the Auburn team we are facing this year not replacing its starting tailback, and 4 of their 5 starting OL?  I know for those SEC fans out there no other conference in America pulls any talent, so Auburns 4 new linemen will step right in without missing a beat, our D-line is undersized and wont do a thing with them right... Is their defense talented of course, its scary how stacked they are, this is probably the best defense our Bulls will have faced going into their 11th season, but I don’t expect to win this game 41-10, I expect to win it 13-10, and that will be fine by me.  I do not think there is an offense in college football that would have their way with our D this year; we are loaded across the field.  Our secondary is arguably in the top ten in the country, our LB corps is ultra talented and in the middle we have a natural leader, our D-line may be as fast as any in the country.  I am just tired of people looking at all the reasons we can lose and none of the reasons we can win.  As far as being low key when we are at the game, not our group, we are going with our chests out right through the middle of that campus in Green and Gold.  If we dont pull off the victory, we will leave the same we we go in proud and LOUD; however, when we win it might get ugly on the walk back to our cars.

Archived