• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the fans love Boonds

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Of course the game has cheaters, but not on this level. Pitchers might spit on the ball, guy on second steals a sign, or someone corks a bat... but, those are not for EVERY AT BAT. Bonds has an advantage at every at bat.

I'm not 100% against Bonds because who knows how many pitchers he faced that were on 'roids... but, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I don't like it. Tainted, there is no way around it.

So should all team titles be stripped if there is a player that used steroids?  What about guys who used  helping teams in the playoffs that were close to not making it?    The way to summarize this up is the at bat in which bonds hit 755.  The pitcher he hit if off of had been caught using roids.  The whole roid issue goes way beyond Bonds and he should not be punished anymore severely just because he was one of the best players of his generation before and after  balco. Sorry but the only fair way to handle this would be to remove from the late 80's till the year of baseball starting drug testing and remove that period.  But then again like i said in my other post the same should be done for when blacks and latinos couldnt play, the amphetamine era,  and the high mound era would suffer the same fate as well. 

Edit: Also the minor leagues didnt start testing till like 2000 or 2001 if i remember correctly which makes this an even bigger mess. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Smazza and Herman the world just got real small.

The ratings for the Bonds HR tie were beat by the Mets game that same night and the ratings for the record were just 1 mil people

Aaron outrates Bonds

Hank Aaron is still the home-run king when it comes to television ratings.

ESPN2's broadcast of Bonds' record 756th homer received a 1.1 cable rating on ESPN2 Tuesday night, which translates to 995,000 households.

When Aaron hit his 715th home run on April 8, 1974, to break Babe Ruth's record, NBC's broadcast received a 22.3 rating on NBC, the equivalent of 14.9 million homes.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/SPORTS/708090394/-1/rss04

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

no no no no nukebull... don't you know, "all of the country was watching!"

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Well i'm sure Aaron's game was on during primetime, Bonds' game didn't start until 10 eastern time that night. I wasn't even watching the game, but I walked up decided to turn my laptop on to check a few things decided to see how Bonds was doing and thats when I saw his record breaker. So I wasn't even watching it, because it was so **** late. I'm sure the ratings on the west coast were pretty good.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Smazza and Herman the world just got real small.

The ratings for the Bonds HR tie were beat by the Mets game that same night and the ratings for the record were just 1 mil people

Aaron outrates Bonds

Hank Aaron is still the home-run king when it comes to television ratings.

ESPN2's broadcast of Bonds' record 756th homer received a 1.1 cable rating on ESPN2 Tuesday night, which translates to 995,000 households.

When Aaron hit his 715th home run on April 8, 1974, to break Babe Ruth's record, NBC's broadcast received a 22.3 rating on NBC, the equivalent of 14.9 million homes.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/SPORTS/708090394/-1/rss04

apples and oranges

bonds was playing a west coact night game

aaron was prime time

760 is the new number

• 2 weeks later...

Archived