• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the fans love Boonds

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Haters. 

Everyone cheated, the WHOLE era.  there were steroids and human growth hormone supplements that werent even illegal .  There was no testing.  Guys before that era were using steroids as well.  I am sure there are lots of guys you guys respect and always watched that you have no idea they were juicing.

Don't hate on the best because he is the best. 

nuke, i wasnt even home and I saw every at bat.  Every restauraunt and bar I was at this weekend had the game on or espn on, where if they are showing the xgames will turn it off and put on Barrys at bats.  but Im sure everyone is interested int he xgames.  ::)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,812

Haters. 

Everyone cheated, the WHOLE era.  there were steroids and human growth hormone supplements that werent even illegal .  There was no testing.  Guys before that era were using steroids as well.  I am sure there are lots of guys you guys respect and always watched that you have no idea they were juicing.

Don't hate on the best because he is the best. 

nuke, i wasnt even home and I saw every at bat.  Every restauraunt and bar I was at this weekend had the game on or espn on, where if they are showing the xgames will turn it off and put on Barrys at bats.  but Im sure everyone is interested int he xgames.   ::)

Again Herman re read my post; the X-Games were in LA, as was I and Bonds at the time. As far as TV goes I then went to Vegas and can promise you that the place did not stop to see his at bats. If they have the WNBA on in a bar or Restaurant that does not mean that everyone is watching it.

• Content Count:  549

If the WHOLE era cheated, then the WHOLE era sucks.  You can polish that turd all day, but the stink ain't coming off.

Whether 5 people do it, or 5 million, it is not right.  Ever heard that before?

I am sure there are lots of guys you guys respect and always watched that you have no idea they were juicing.

The day I found out that someone I respected was a cheater, I would cease to respect them.

Harvey this is where we agree.  The whole era does suck.  McGuire, Sosa, Bonds, Clemens, etc. etc. etc.  They were all juicing.  But the MLB let them get away with it.  You know there were owners, GMS, managers, clubhouse guys who knew for 100% sure their guys were doing roids.  It was so common it wasnt frowned upon, similar to weed in the nba.  Maybe Bonds and other players saw a bum like Brady Anderson and Rafeal Palmiero hit 50 HRS one year and said I cant let this guy with lesser talent put up better numbers than me.  So being the competitor he is started doing roids for the competitive edge.  (just  a scenario)

Guys are going to get away with whatever you let them get away with.  The MLB is just as wrong in this as the players.  Where we disagres is that you, like a lot of the baseball fans see bonds as an arrogant ***** and he was by far the best player in the game, so you hate and blame him more than the others.  Where I see them all as cheaters and blame the mlb as much as the players , but watched barry since the Pirates and always was a huge fan and looked pass the arrogance. 

Oh btw, did I mention he is now the ALL TIME homerun leader.  756 last night!!  Im getting a jersey.   :D

• Content Count:  549

I don't hate him more than anybody else, not at all.  I just 1.)don't think he deserves the record over someone who didn't juice, and 2.) choose not to worship a cheater.

Aaron hit one less home run and didn't play as long.

Regardless, it's times like these that I love not having a TV.  I never got sick of BondsMania because I never saw it.  I didn't watch history last night and got a good night's sleep. 

Congratulations cheaters of the world, you have a new role model.  In some ways, Bonds is the perfect man to represent this particular time in American history, don't you think?

Im some way you are right, he is the perfect man to represent this particular time in american history.  It is sad.

I dont worship the guy or like the fact that he cheated.  i just dont careas much.  I look at it like a lot of us, maybe not me and maybe not you, but if we were professional athletes and someone was cheating to perform better than us, we might look to take that route as well.  Remember professional athletes are different than us, they are arrogant and have big heads.  Their whole lives they have been catered too and probably the best at every sport, whether gym class, high school , college etc.

Now if you are the best and other guys  are playing better because they are cheating I am sure you can somehow see where that elite athlete might say screw it, Im going to do it to, again maybe not you or I but I know lots of people who would...LOTS.  (ex.  mcguire and Sosa are not even in the same class of a hitter than Bonds, but they were hitting more HRS than him)   I can understand how this can get under Barrys skin and persuade him to take the juice.  We all know steriods doesnt make you a better hitter but it does recover injuuries a lot quicker and make you a crap load stronger.   Don;t work out for a moth and go hit baseballs, then go workout for a month straight everyday and hit baseballs, you will feel a difference. 

I dont worship barry bonds, but I understand why he and lots of other guys did roids.

1) competitve edge

2) no one was checking. 

either way you are right, they are all cheaters. 

• Content Count:  928

Guys are going to get away with whatever you let them get away with.  The MLB is just as wrong in this as the players.  Where we disagres is that you, like a lot of the baseball fans see bonds as an arrogant ***** and he was by far the best player in the game, so you hate and blame him more than the others.  Where I see them all as cheaters and blame the mlb as much as the players , but watched barry since the Pirates and always was a huge fan and looked pass the arrogance. 

True, it's time to embrace the fact that Barry hit 756 HR's and broke the record. He has the most homeruns out of anyone in the game...but to say he is the best player in the game is down right laughable. He has 22 HR's this year and is batting .277, hardly the best. He has a ridiculus OBP but only because no one wants to pitch to him. So what does this all mean? The Giants still lost to the NATIONALS and have one of the worst records in the MLB.

Congrats Barry, you hit 756 hrs...unfortunately, this isn't the Masters or Tour de France and your team won't even sniff .500 this year.

2012 the world is going to cheer on A-rod like none other.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

Im getting a jersey.   :D

Maybe you can find one of these ....

Roids.jpg

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

True, it's time to embrace the fact that Barry hit 756 HR's and broke the record. He has the most homeruns out of anyone in the game...but to say he is the best player in the game is down right laughable. He has 22 HR's this year and is batting .277, hardly the best. He has a ridiculus OBP but only because no one wants to pitch to him. So what does this all mean? The Giants still lost to the NATIONALS and have one of the worst records in the MLB.

Congrats Barry, you hit 756 hrs...unfortunately, this isn't the Masters or Tour de France and your team won't even sniff .500 this year.

Actually hes still one of the best offensive players in the game today.  Hes leading the league in OPS which is one of the best indicators of a players offensive value.  Also he only has 267 AB's thus far thus season while most have near 400 Ab's at this point in the season. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Dont be surprised if it comes out everyones golden boy isnt clean either.  Everyone forgets that A-rods used to be spindly short stop with a good swing and not a 3B that is build like an NFL linebacker. 

Archived