• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is legit at #21 in Sporting News Poll - Look out AP and Coaches!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

With about 80 days until kickoff it is nice to see poll(s) looking at USF.  The Sporting News is a well established resource for college football analysis. 

Our breakthrough game, that will propel USF into AP and USA top 25, will be WVA.  Watch for our success that Sunday afternoon when the polls are posted.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Our Breakthrough game should be Auburn. If we get clobbered by them (like we did at UM) the only thing beating UL and WVU would do is bring back the Big Least talks.

Auburn is the most important game (after Elon  ;)).

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Unless we beat Auburn...

• Content Count:  1,991

I would love to win and believe we can, BUT we cannot get blown out, all respect will go down the tubes if  Auburn destroys us.

• Content Count:  385

this smells of ryan

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I would love to win and believe we can, BUT we cannot get blown out, all respect will go down the tubes if  Auburn destroys us.

Yup.  This is one of the problems with "playin' with the big boys." 

If Auburn beats us we'll be OK in the eyes of the national media as long as we play a respectable game (we're SUPPOSED to lose this game). 

If they thrash us... we'll be recipients of a 1000 "told you so"s and "Southern Florida just isn't ready"s.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It isn't up to us!  Those guys wearing green and gold on the field carry the weight of that game.  The only thing we as fans can do is support the team. 

I expect USF to travel well to Auburn and as long as we bring our A game, the rest is in the hands of the football gods.  LOL

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

Auburn 2007 is not as good as WVU 2006 ... and the USF 2007 is much better than USF 2006.

I am expecting a "W" Sept. 8th ... as I do each week.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Has anyone bought the magazine yet?  Or seen it? 

I got it today...

People talk about the importance of "buying" a cover on an Athlon magazine (it is nice to have the novelty), but nothing, NOTHING beats opening up a preseason mag and seeing

21.  South Florida

and in the Big East section a nice full color picture of Grothe is the largest picture and main eye-catcher in the spread...

Wow.

Now, with that said, I put my name on the "cautious" side of the ledger.  I think we're the "cool" pick right now.  I don't think we're that good yet.  So, I'm surprised to see us so high in the pre-season polls, but still enjoy seeing and reading it!

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Auburn 2007 is not as good as WVU 2006 ... and the USF 2007 is much better than USF 2006.

We have no idea if the 2007 team is "much better" than the 2006 team.  We all HOPE they are, but to say it so matter-a-fact-ly is a bit permature.

Archived