• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is legit at #21 in Sporting News Poll - Look out AP and Coaches!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

Check out the page of upset predictions in the mag.

They're predicting USF wins against AU, WVU, and UL.

As UL still hasn't won at Tampa yet, I don't know how much a upset USF win would be but I was excited to see it.

Of course if you continue reading the predictions, they have PITT beating USF but no one's perfect...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We will have plenty of opportunities to break into top 25 this year.  That is if we don't start out in the top 25 (slight possibility with all the preseason pub we are getting).

Only thing stopping us would be a blow out loss to AU, that would be hard to recover from.  Or a UConn, Cincy type loss.  Got to avoid that this year.  Other than that, I feel pretty confident we will break into top 25.

• Content Count:  10,219

we will have to earn it on the field, but if we start in the top 25 you tend to stay close enough to end there unless you have a meltdown (uconn, cincy)

this 2007 team is better on paper (starting qb grothe vs julmiste...any questions?)

the talent is improved and now has a little experience...so i would say the 2007 team is better than the 2006 team.

in the end this must be proven on the field...with consistancy, wins and few bone headed plays.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Has anyone bought the magazine yet?  Or seen it? 

I got it today...

People talk about the importance of "buying" a cover on an Athlon magazine (it is nice to have the novelty), but nothing, NOTHING beats opening up a preseason mag and seeing

21.  South Florida

and in the Big East section a nice full color picture of Grothe is the largest picture and main eye-catcher in the spread...

Wow.

Now, with that said, I put my name on the "cautious" side of the ledger.  I think we're the "cool" pick right now.  I don't think we're that good yet.  So, I'm surprised to see us so high in the pre-season polls, but still enjoy seeing and reading it!

I have the Sporting News issue and it is excellent.

We need to make sure that we don't step on our own feet.  The BE teams we especially need to beat are the teams we play away.  Heck, what am I saying?????  We need to beat everyone.  LOL

• Content Count:  195

Forget polls, winning games and the conference title are what the season is about. The only ranking that matters  is the BE standing at the end of the season.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Forget polls, winning games and the conference title are what the season is about. The only ranking that matters  is the BE standing at the end of the season.

Not entirely true.  If we ever hope to win the BCS National Championship presented by Tostitos, we have to start with a relatively high pre-season ranking.  Granted, if we win our conference, we go to a BCS game.

Not entirely true.  If we ever hope to win the BCS National Championship presented by Tostitos, we have to start with a relatively high pre-season ranking.  Granted, if we win our conference, we go to a BCS game.

How would a team get a relatively high pre-season ranking without winning games? ;)

How would we get to the NC game without winning the BE title?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

How would a team get a relatively high pre-season ranking without winning games? ;)

I hope we beat Elon...

If we don't beat Elon, the football program should be disbanded.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Obviously.  But we could go 7-6 every year and win the Big East title.  What I was trying to say, was that pre-season rankings do matter to some degree.

Archived