• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: Ranking our football team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If we are not at least a B team in NCAA football 2008, I'm not buying that !@#$.  I'm going straight to Madden.

I'll see if I can get any inside info...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

FWIW, I have been feeding USF propaganda to someone working on the NCAA 2008 project for years.  Long before she went to EA Sports.  Let's see if it pays off this year.   ;D

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I think we're at least a B, maybe B+.  I'm very much looking forward to what EA ranks us.  They might as well start their own poll at this point...

• Content Count:  4,016

sorry but no team that beats two top 10 teams two straight years is less than a B...that would be asinine to suggest, and if that was someone's legit grade I would hate to see their scale....

Put it simply, we finished last year in various polls from 28-34, out of 119 teams however at the end of the year I felt that ranking was weak, obviously subjective based solely on notoriety of programs, particularly after how UL, WVU, Rutgers, and USF fared in their bowl games....we were probably closer to the top 20.  Therefore in the top 20 would statistically put us in the B Average range.

Again, a team that's beaten numerous ranked teams and played some tough teams tight....

I consider an A or better a perennial top 15, say Michigan...B+ or better a usual top 20, B a typical top 25...B- a potential top 25 and program capable of beating anyone....

I say we're a B minus for now, but that ranking could change positively after this season...or negatively too.

• Content Count:  1,757

I agree S._Bien.  Any team (with a recognizable name) that won 9 games and nocked off a top 10 team 2 years in a row would have ended up in the top 20 to end the season.  We are still a relatively unknown school.  That will stand to change over the next 1-3 seasons.  

For this season's NCAA 08 preseason grades I'd give us a solid B- based on the following rankings:

Defense: A (you don't shut down WVa at their place and get any lower than this, the dominiation of ECU helps this too)

Offense: B (give us a proven running back and this would be an A- easy)

Special teams: C- (while it didn't cost us any games, sp teams play sure didn't win us any last year)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

For NCAA 2008:

Offense: C+

Defense: B-

Overall: B-

That is what it will be, not what it should be.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I'll get back to you at the end of the season...    ;)

• Content Count:  385

For NCAA 2008:

Offense: C+

Defense: B-

Overall: B-

That is what it will be, not what it should be.

I don't think that is far off.  Our O-line needs some help and without MG (even with all our RB's) our offensive is going to struggle.  So I think a C+ is fitting.  That being said, of our O-line steps up every game, MG stays healthy, and Ford lives up to his potential, than I say our Offense is about a B+/A-

I think they underrated us at D.  We may have lost two amazing LBs, but we gained some **** good ones too.  I give us a B+/A-, but when our D is pumped up (i.e. ECU) than there is no stopping them

Overall without playing a snap and taking into consideration the 2005-2006 seasons, I say we are a B- team.  

BUT none of this means anything because we all know that we can beat every team on our schedule this year.  Its just a matter of controlling penalties and showing the h*** up to all the games.

• Content Count:  1,757

No more Rod (Bonehead-Voodoo-Triple-Out-Reverse-Widget-Plays) Smith should help this season.  

Archived