• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF looking at Arkansas Foward Marcus Britt...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Doesn't look promising but its not name to throw into the fire. Ironically enough it could be down to USF and ARKANSAS.

Recruiting process heating up again over FCity's Britt

Published: May 11, 2007

In the spotlight: Forrest City senior forward Marcus Britt is back in the state’s recruiting spotlight.  

Fred Conley, T-H Sports Editor

Forrest City basketball coach Dwight Lofton just thought he was finished with the recruiting process which has revolved around his three high-profile seniors.

Marcus Britt and Stephon Weaver signed college basketball letters-of-intent during the early signing period in November while Kelson Stewart inked in April.

Britt chose Louisiana Tech, Weaver, Arkansas State University and Stewart, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

With the exception of Stewart, everything has changed.

Weaver is likely headed for a junior college, possibly in Texas, while Britt is close to being on the open market again after asking for, and being granted, his release from Tech after head coach Keith Richard was fired in early April.

Britt’s move has thrust Lofton and his 6-3 Mustang forward right back into the national recruiting limelight.

And it is even more intense now.

“We have almost wrapped up the process of getting Britt released from La Tech,†Lofton said today. “We have signed the papers and mailed them back and all we can do now is wait for the final word.â€Â

Lofton said the minute word got out that Britt had asked for his release, the University of Arkansas began to express keen interest as has the University of South Florida.

“Both schools have scholarships waiting for Marcus,†Lofton said. “After Britt’s extremely successful senior season, there are other schools who have jumped on his bandwagon now.â€Â

Lofton said Arkansas, who was only mildly interested before Britt chose La Tech, is in a different situation now.

“(Stan) Heath is gone and John Pelphrey is in and they lost Sean McCurdy and Preston Cranford. That opened up the scholarship situation for Britt,†Lofton added. “Pelphrey has done his homework and he knows what Marcus can do and what the people think about this young man.â€Â

Lofton said Britt would like nothing better than to wear an Arkansas Razorback uniform and be able to test his skills in the Southeastern Conference

• Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

I believe he's headed to south florida because of heath. My 2 cents.

• Content Count:  585

He's listed as a 2 star but I believe he should at least be a 3 star maybe a borderline 4 star. Britt, a 6-3 point guard, averaged 18.5 points per game last season for Forest City and was twice named All-State guard in Arkansas.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

do we need more guards?

Guest BasketBull.

Point guard, yes. Bozeman is not a natural point guard and is probably better as a shooting guard.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Point guard, yes. Bozeman is not a natural point guard and is probably better as a shooting guard.

Isn't Curry a combo guard?

• Content Count:  12,293

college basketball...unlike football...isnt all about recruiting.  its mostly about coaching...unless you are a top 10 program like duke, nc, uconn, texas, ucla, florida, yada, yada, yada

we need to worry about having a coach with a good half court offense and being able to get the guys ready to play.

i think heath can do that

Guest BasketBull.
Isn't Curry a combo guard?

I think Curry is a shooting guard. Dominique Jones is supposed to play PG, according to one article a while back.

These are our guards:

Curry

Jones

Bozeman

Howard

Verdejo

Holmes

...I guess we do have quite a few.

• Content Count:  1,797

We don't have that many if we plan to play a three guard offense.  Howard, to me, is the only real point guard we have.  One with the leadership, mentality, and ball handling ability to play the point.  Everyone else on that list = scorers' mentality.  If Howard were to go down again (God forbid), I don't think we are nearly as good of a team.  He was the guy that broke presses and seemed to find Gransberry when he was in position to score.  I would love to add another true point guard and let the other five guys battle for time at the 2 and 3 positions.

Of course, having said that, it sure would be great from a practice and game standpoint to add another big man.

Normal

Archived